14 November 2017

Tuesdays Snapshots: Rearranging for the Tree














old new worn antique vintage collected handmade grown local books
That's my aesthetic: not too precious, it is worn and enjoyed.





The pomegranates, roses, basil, and rosemary are from our garden. I placed the blooms in an empty candle bowl.  The scent was jasmine and wonderful.










Since this sofa is ten inches shorter than the last one, I can turn it. Now, I can better place the tree by the windows. It's amazing how much room was created without the rolled arms of the slipcovered one.  This one I found at a vintage pop up shop that is held once a month. 










This is my favorite time of year. Actually any time from September to April is fine, because the weather is beautiful, and I can enjoy our garden.  I hope to decorate fairly soon, so that I will have sufficient time for other events, so we pulled the stuff from storage this past weekend, and it sitting in front of the doors to the bedrooms! I've been stepping around it for a few days now.  My blog is not fixed. I turned on cookies, but now when I search the internet, I have an add popping up in a new window every time. So much fun!

As of today, Wednesday, I fixed it, and I can now comment here and on blogs I visit as well.


Thank you so much for the lovely comments.


Sharing with:












17 comments:

  1. It is just beautiful, Su. I love the fresh beauty of your room there.

    It is so aggravating when you have issues with your blog. How well I know!!!

    Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday---xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nana. I spent an hour a two this morning, and I think I figured out the problem, because I was just able to post on Brenda's. Let's hope this work. Have a wonderful day! Thank you for stopping by. xoxo Su

      Delete
  2. Hi Su, i loved this sofa when you introduced it to us upon its new placement in your home. I love it still and wish it were a find of mine. I wish I had more flexibility in arranging my front room to suite different seasons and moods? But my layout is a much smaller footprint to the space and to get a different comforting look it’s out with a piece to replace a piece right in its spot.

    Im looking forward to seeing the tree up in your window and all the holiday cheer you add to your home. I like the view of your sofa with the bookcase as your back drop. The layering adds interest to a cottage French feel.

    Looking forward to all the beauty you create, when the tree is down I think your sofa could sit in this position for awhile, it looks perfectly charming.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sofa is just beautiful. Love that style.
    Wish you beautiful days.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, it's that time of year when we start eyeing the furniture trying to decide how we can work in our holiday decor! Love the couch.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sofa and the photos!
    The best season for the pomegranates is now!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sofa is wonderful, but it's that double bookcase behind it that has my heart. You really have a beautiful room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I just fixed this problem with my blog and responses!

      It is a pretty wonderful bookcase with those carvings. Have a beautiful week. Always love to hear from you. xoxo Su

      Delete
  7. Your sofa and table vignette are so pretty. When will you put up your tree? We put ours up on Black Friday. :D
    I love seeing your pretty books in the bookcase. I like how they're facing out so you can enjoy the gold leaf.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful sofa and looks elegant but yet comfortable to use too. Love seeing your bookcases! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty room and I love how you have styled the books in the bookcase...details like this make such a difference! Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so cozy for Winter. I like the way you have tucked the settee cushions with linens in a shabby french bohemian sort of way. I would sip tea all day long in this space. Your tree will bring even more magic. I look forward to seeing it.

    I finally posted on my blog. Hoping that I will be able to ease back in to blogging in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kerrie, for stopping by and the lovely comment. I finally figured out what was wrong with the blog. xoxo Su

      Delete
  11. Oh Su I hate when the computer and blog act up. It is so frustrating. I hope that can get fixed.
    Love your peaceful vignette on the table and I know your tree is going to be stunning this year. I cannot wait to see your decorating. I think I am going to start to put my tree up this weekend to get a jump on it. This time of year goes so fast.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely as always, Su...and your sofa is dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, and I just love your style.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shots and Your sofa are such beautiful
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su