24 October 2017

Tuesdays' Snapshots: the Kitchen and Library

Another month has slipped by. I've been so busy! Finishing up projects like distressing the armoire below.











Another one of these projects has to do with the kitchen.  When we remodeled this kitchen ourselves, I never decided on a paint color for the island and the cabinets by the stove.  I really didn't like how the bare wood these days is looking more yellow, and that doesn't work with the other cabinet color.
Well, I've been on it... for the past month now....
They have been stained, then one painted, white, and one blue, and then back to square one,
but now I am finishing up, and soon I will reveal what we chose. The clue is that I decided to stick with what I like. I am working on the last one, so any day now.











In the meantime, I did some small changes for the seasons.
Instead of my teacups, I hung my french pans from the shelves we made several years ago. They are usually sitting on an empty burner.  Speaking of cooking... hop on over to RJ's in the next day or so to the Sketchy Reader to enter a chance to win a cookbook . I also put away my madonna for now, and I am displaying this angel for the season.  I have had it longer than I have a  daughter.








Roses are starting to reappear in my garden, and I am bringing them into the kitchen, because I love their beauty and scent. Now that we are finally starting to dip below 100s most days roses and basil are making an appearance.








This is just a little suggestion to make a house a home.
Do you like to burn palo santo and sage?  Or, do you like essential oils? We love them, and I've had a diffuser in the kitchen for a couple of years now. Someday, I will try to remember to show our box of goodies.








And of course Christmas and the holidays are ahead soon enough.
I bought these lovely stockings from Dore at Burlapluxe, but she is now selling the pattern so that you can make them.









And just because.... Sometimes we need some whimsy... and this is the room... our Madhatter Library... It is a little over the top, and the fanciest room in this house... But in this world we need some fun, and we are fortunate; we have a room that makes us smile when we walk in, and it's the best feeling to have an  escape. We hung a better light in here. I had a smaller chandelier ceiling light, but it was not enough lighting for the evenings, so we changed that one out for this balloon shaped one, and it throws out enough light to realize what we have been missing  not been seeing.  Just as a reminder or if I have a new reader, almost everything in this room has been acquired second hand or repurposed like the bookcase that we trimmed from an entertainment unit.
And just so you know nothing is perfect here... see the jar of shells, someone through a tissue in there. xoxo Su


You can always find me on Instagram.

Sharing with:


French Country Cottage

Shabby Art Boutique



28 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks so pretty.
    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bente. Have a wonderful evening. xoxo Su

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout-out, Su! I love your Mad Hatter library. It always makes me smile! And of course I can't wait to see the changes in your kitchen! I know it will be so pretty (of course it was pretty before you started the process, LOL).

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is absolutely gorgeous!

    I love the color you've used on your cabinets. It's such a soothing color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Su, at the tissue in with the shells. I thought you were at my house for a minute there. lol I really love your library-every house needs a room like that.
    Your kitchen is lovely, too.
    I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Wednesday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. Happy you can relate👻

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to see what color you chose for the kitchen cabinets. As always, I love all you have done with your home and am sure the color change in your kitchen will be amazing too. (As a gal who also lives in your area, I'm so glad the temperatures are finally moderating allowing our roses and other plants to begin reviving. It's amazing how quickly they come back.) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joanie. Fall cannot come soon enough!

      Delete
  6. Love all your sweet rooms. Love love the chandelier in the library. So pretty.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kris. It was just what it needed. xoxo Su

      Delete
  7. Love everything. You have certainly been very busy and it shows. Love your library.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary. I hope all is well and that you are enjoying a garden this year with all the rain! xoxo Su

      Delete
  8. Su I have been enjoying your IG kitchen posts - well all your posts and I enjoyed this blog post tonight. Love your mad hatters library and love your kitchen refresh. The sink angel is precious a very nice addition.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vera! Have a beautiful day! xoxo Su

      Delete
  9. Darn...every time I decide to make my dining room back into a dining room, you should those wonderful shelves loaded with books! I love your library look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I always enjoy seeing your home. I enjoy how you enjoy life and share that with us. Sharing the beauty around us, even on sad days.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rooms are so lovely. I like everything
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these peaks into your home. It is so beautiful! I can't burn sage, I'm unable to breathe around it. I've never tried palo santo but might look into it.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your rooms and the library is really dreamlike.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Su, I always love a peek into your home and reading what you're up to! So much charm, style and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to spend a rainy afternoon in your library with all those books.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your seasonal changes Su and look forward to the reveal.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su