31 October 2017

Tuesday Snapshots: Kitchen's Painted Update


You may or not may recall that when my husband and I remodeled this kitchen, we left the wood natural. I liked it then, but I couldn't decide on a color.  That was over four years ago now, and the natural wood yellowed and it didn't work with the lighter gray or white depending on the light on the other side. It was bugging me. 








So after some trial and error, I decided on gray.
(I actually stained them first, but didn't like it!  Then I tried a white, and I didn't like that either!
In  the end, I sanded them all down, and painted them Annie Sloan French Linen, and waxed them with white and clear wax.)






I really like how the two shades of paint seem to compliment one another now.













This time of year, it is a little bit difficult to get a great shot.  This is an old desert house, so there are carport overhangs and porch overhangs on all but one side of the house.










Even my angel received a makeover with chalk paint. You can see it the old way in one of the photos; He had turned all one color... It was not old... I bought it new some years ago...








As you can see my garden is recovering from the summer heat and starting to produce again.










I am sorry, that I did not respond to all in the last post.  It appears my commenting has changed settings or something. I comment, and I can't see them or they are disappearing into the ether.
I think others have had this problem. If you know what I need to change in settings feel free to tell me.
Thank you for reading.
I love the paint that I used, and I was not compensated.  I just like the paint.

Have a fun filled holiday today.

Su

Sharing with:

Shabby Art Boutique



20 comments:

  1. Hi Su, You are right about trying to capture the right light to show your colors. IT's hard to see. I do think more and more kitchen are going with painted cabinets to lighten it up. I adore your little fridge. I like the would stain of the table with the painted chairs. Love the open shelves too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is gorgeous! What a fun and pleasant place to cook:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks nice. I think this color is so fresh and soft. Love your beautiful angel too. I should have learned to paint years ago! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your chairs! You have a wonderful kitchen!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem with the lighting in my house, Su. It's so hard to get accurate shot. Your kitchen is beautiful regardless. I bet you're so happy with the fresh look. Enjoy it!! And as far as the comments go, that happened to me a while back and then it seemed to work its way out. A glitch I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! And you have a Smeg! I'm so jealous.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a few kitchens on the web that I can recognize right away. Yours is one of them. It just seems to get a little better each time you tweak it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Su- That looks fantastic. That is a GREAT old fridge. It is like the one I grew up with. You did a great job on those cabinets even if you did have to paint/finish them three times. They are perfect now!

    Happy Halloween night to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfection in this kitchen! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your kitchen.
    :-) How fun to have your garden back.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a lot of trial and error, but the end result is beautiful, as expected! Your kitchen is cozy perfection.

    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the refrigerator. The whole room is divine. Sometimes it takes a few tries at something to get it the way we want it. I like the Annie Sloan paint with the waxing. Looks great.
    Happy November Su.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad that after so much work that you found a paint color to make you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The color looks so great in your kitchen. Love your chairs.
    Hugs from here





    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks great and so glad that you found a color that goes with the grey. Your kitchen looks terrific.

    Yes, we certainly did have a very HOT Summer and all of October. My garden really suffered, plus the gardener was terrible. used a hedge cutting on my roses. They are chewed up and I have lost some plus lost a lot of iris bulbs. So tomorrow it is bye bye. Found another one who hopefully will do a better job.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the look of your kitchen with the painted islands. The two greys complit each others nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kitchen looks gorgeous and Your chairs are awesome
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Su, you won my giveaway for The Welcome Home Diner. Could you send me your address? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your kitchen is a darling. I love your fridge. It's nice to freshen things up with paint.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a charming kitchen. And the angel...oh how I adore that. I have a few angels in my kitchen. God knows I need them when I cook. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su