12 September 2017

Autumn Flower Arrangement




A few days ago, I was sent these beautiful roses: two dusty purple, two deep red, and two dark pink. I placed the flowers in my container after trimming the ends and setting them in a soaked floral sponge, and then filling the pitcher with water. They last longer. But, the bouquet had no fillers except for some variegated cranberry and orange lilies, and the arrangement still looked bare. So I went into the yard, snipped some branches from an olive tree and an unripe lemon branch (due to my daughter's pug) to add to the bouquet.  
You could add different fruit. For example, I thought plums would be pretty if they grew around here. Fortunately at this time of year, you should be able to find faux fruit at a hobby store.

That's all for today. Hopefully, I will be back soon with another post.  I'm getting restless. I noticed that after four years, I need to touch up the kitchen paint or at the very least wash it down. 

I recently refinished a table.

I baked some brie with apples.

We had a dog birthday party.

You can always find Butterfly and Bungalow on Instagram.

Ten Touches of Autumn

Home Tour 2017



Sharing with:

French Country Cottage


22 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Dogs do the darnest things, that I do know:). Restless as being a bit of a hermit with our temps, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel as in double digits and a bit cooler at night very soon:). I too need to paint my kitchen and a very Happy Birthday to your doggie:). Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I know! I sure hope it starts dropping below 100 permanently. xoxo Su

      Delete
  2. I love this arrangement so much! Honestly the filler you added makes the roses stand out.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. The arrangement is beautiful. Isn't it amazing what types of filler you can find in the yard.
    Have a great rest of the week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I agree! There is so much great stuff in the yard. In another month, I will have flowers too. Stuff doesn't grow here in the summer, because it is too hot. xoxo Su

      Delete
  4. Roses and olive what a fantastic combination. Never have seen it before. Great job! Love it realy.
    Happy days and all my best from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely arrangement. Normally, I'm a tulip gal, but since they're out of season, I decided to pick up some inexpensive roses to play with. Mine are sitting in the same Ikea pitcher. It's from Ikea yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes. Ikea... I've had it a few years. They might still have them. xoox Su

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you've been busy! Very pretty bouquet and you had good ideas for the fillers.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this so much Su. The filler looks so great with the roses. So pretty.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. The arrangenent os beautiful! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su