21 January 2016

Teen She Shed Cottage Part 5


The Ceilings and Walls

The walls are pine, and it is actually the same product on the exterior installed the other way around.
My daughter thought this look is more refined and finished. She placed her paint chips on the tile floor, and from several samples of white she chose something simple and clean for the walls: SW "Designer White". With all the windows it will keep it cooler in the heat, plus she wanted a year round beach or winter look, which makes her feel cooler temperature wise. Actually, we used the same wood product in my spouse's office a year ago, but stained his with SW Black Fox by giving it one light coat. 

What about the ceilings? She chose to leave them natural. Again, it is the same product that is on the shed's exterior and interior but installing the wide side on the ceiling. She loves the look of my spouse's beamed ceiling in his office, but that is original and dark, and she also loves the wood on the ceiling in her Italian Alps inspiration room, so she is really happy with the contrast. It also looks nice with the floors, but they are covered with plastic in this set of photos. It was a lot of tricky cuts for my spouse, because the interior is peaked and actually barn like in regards to the angles.

We really love the look too.



This window is finished being trimmed on the inside, and the windowsill looks really pretty. She loves windowsills, and they don't always have them in Arizona. My daughter placed the star and deer in the window for winter.










In this photo the baseboard is getting paint.









And over here, a couple of shelves are being constructed for books and display. One shelf is going on the long wall, and one is going over the smaller window.
This is birch wood. It is straighter than pine.

 Some people like to see the process of a project and some like to see the end. If you missed the series beginning, here are the earlier posts, but we are getting closer to being done.






Thank you for visiting and following along.

Su

Sharing with:




45 comments:

  1. No windowsills? I can't imagine it! The ceiling is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara. I know. I had windowsills installed in my last home. In this home there is only one in the kitchen, and the giant corner windows. The walls are finished rounded at the window. There is no space to place anything. xoxo Su

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying the updates, but I can't wait to see the final reveal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. They worked on exterior paint over the weekend, so its almost there. xoxo Su

      Delete
  3. I am liking your daughter's choices and enjoying watching things progress.

    I love her star and deer on the sill !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I agree. Isn't that a sweet star! It's from Ikea's Christmas, and I think it was only about ten or fifteen dollars, and it's led. xoxo Su

      Delete
  4. I'm loving it!
    This is fun to watch, thank you for taking us along the journey!
    :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. No windowsills here, so it's nice to incorporate one in your daughters Alpine cottage.
    Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Thank you for visiting, Kathleen. We are almost finished. xoxo Su

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kuni. I think so too. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo Su

      Delete
  7. Looking so good Su. I know this is going to be adorable when you get it finished. I cannot wait.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kris. I'm missing your updates. Be well. Hugs and prayers. xoxo Su

      Delete
  8. This is so neat! Your daughter is a lucky girl! How exciting for all of you!
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, DD. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo Su

      Delete
  10. Oh Su, it is beautiful and it seems to be coming together quite quickly. In my part of the country the product that you used for the exterior siding and interior walls is referred to as car siding and i have really only seen it used like your interior with the grooves showing but the reverse is gorgeous as well. Painting the interior white will really bounce the natural light around inside. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorri. I would have never guessed what they call it. I wonder why? :) It's a really nice product. xoxo Su

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Vee. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo Su

      Delete
  12. I like the ceiling too. You daughter make some good choices. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susie. Have a wonderful weekend. xoox Su

      Delete
  13. I' m looking to seeing the next progress. The window with the star is so pretty
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alessandra. My spouse and her are doing the finishing touches. xoxo Su

      Delete
  14. Love the updates and can hardly wait to see the final results. I know the room will look terrific.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo Su

      Delete
  15. O, this looks like such fun. I'm way behind on visiting...I need to go back and read the other stages.
    I love the star in the window. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, B.J. Isn't that start sweet. It was from Ikea's 2015 Christmas. I think it was less than 15 dollars and it has an LED battery light. What's nice about it's simple shape is that it looks wintery, not just Christmas, so one can keep it up longer. xoxo Su

      Delete
  16. I'm just catching up with this project. It's good that the boards look interesting whether inside or outside. I had no idea that there were different shades of white to choose from! Using a paint product that you know goes on well makes life easier. Everything is coming together well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Those boards are interesting: wide one side and like bead board on the other, and they link together from either face. It's really coming along. There are too many whites, and each has an under color such as pink, green, yellow, blue/gray.... It's the hardest shade to pick in my opinion. xoox Su

      Delete
  17. I love that ceiling. You guys are leaving no detail to chance. I bet she is just going to be love spending time in that space. Can't wait to see the end result! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your daughter has very good taste. The idea to paint in a beautiful white the walls to keep the room cool is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali. She was out there the other day working, and she said she can already feel the temperature difference. It's almost done. xoxo Su

      Delete
  19. It is coming along beautifully - I love all the details - so well thought out! The wood ceiling is lovely and the desk will be wonderful overlooking the garden. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. My spouse really finished everything nicely. xoxo Su

      Delete
  20. I'm growing enthusiastic more and more about the development of this project of yours, sweetest Su, you're truly working hard !
    Have a blessed Sunday,
    wholeheartedly,
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daniela. It's finished now. xoxo Su

      Delete
  21. I am excited. I would love to come visit and have tea. :-)
    I am so proud of your daughter. A fun, fun project.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla. It was a great project for her. xoox Su

      Delete
  22. Great progress! The ceiling looks awesome. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a fun project. I keep thinking what a wonderful memory this is for your daughter. Seeing her father bring her dream to life. Heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su