07 July 2014

Virtual Blog Tour



Look at this gorgeous table setting from Janet at Rosemary & Thyme . I want to have tea here with Alice and the Madhatter.This is only one example of Janet's tables.  There are many more and you can see her blog tour here. Recently, Janet was so sweet and asked me if I would participate in a virtual blog tour, and answer the following questions.



1. What am I working on?  I'm working on the Mad Tea Party.  I look forward to it every year!  It breaks up the long, hot, Southwest summer.  You can still join.  It begins July 12th.

.


2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I have a lot in common with other decor bloggers except for the old, very small house that we are remodeling.  I enjoy the fact that this home is in a funky neighborhood.  After many years with an HOA, what I love most is that we can plant anything.

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
I have always loved decorating since I was a young girl without a doll house.  I would use bookshelves and books to build dollhouses, and I made my own doll furniture from trash that today we recycle.  I also paint, make crafty things, and garden. It's just my nature.

4. How does your writing/creating process work?
My creating process goes as follows: bigger projects are budgeted, but smaller projects are often random inspirations.  I love feminine, whimsical, vintage things.

I nominated more than three people that I adore.  Three was too small a number, but unfortunately, life has its way, and people who would normally love to could not.  There were also a few people that I could not e-mail from their blog.  Here are three more blogs that I would like to introduce to my readers.

My first nominee is Magali from The Little White House on the Seaside. Magali has a small, old cottage too, but it is in France by the sea. How wonderful is that!  She was also my first new friend when I started blogging again.  She also takes you all over the French countryside.  One fact that I find interesting, though there are many, is that Magali learned English by watching my favorite cult t.v. series Roswell. Magali will be posting about her blog on Monday, July 14th.




I would of also like to give a nod to my longest and dearest friend in blog land: New Zealand author Sarah Elwell's Knitting the Wind.

I also wanted to nominate Victoria, from Trois Petites Filles, but I could not find her contact.   I love her eclectic, French, romantic, boho style. Her work is stunning. 

If you like, each of you can answer the questions and in turn invite three other bloggers.

22 comments:

  1. I love this tour and what you shared today, Su!!! I'm looking forward to following the threads on the tour.
    Have a lovely one!
    xoxo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up next Monday and almost keep forgetting ( until I see someone else's up !!! )
    Fun tour ! ( Janet's little outdoor setting is fabulous )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Su, I love learning new things about you. I have to add my contact on my blog and I don't know how to. lol. I think my blog post is in August. I can't wait to see your Mad tea party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pink and pretty setting for tea from Janet. Enjoyed learning a few things about you.
    Looking forward to the tea party tour!
    Have a great day~
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading your answers and also love your choices for continuing the tour.

    I have my Mad Tea Party post finished, but I don't know that my tea party was MAD, just a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was very good and I to love learning more about you. Will look forward to the Tea Party. The picture of the tea setting is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved learning about you and all the posts that you follow. Yes, Janet does beautiful tablescapes. I have been following her since I started blogging.
    Great post.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your blog and I certainly think that your style sets you apart from others! You have such a whimsical touch and always seem to find a way to make everything feel magical. I live in an old, small house, too ...and it's in a funky neighborhood where none of the houses are the same. It makes for very interesting summer evening walks! Enjoy your summer evening, Su!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited about Vanessa's party, too. It's always the best. And I liked reading your answers. You're one of my favorite blogs! Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seu blog é um encanto, porisso que foi escolhida!

    Adorei conhecer um pouquinho mais de você.

    Depois vou conhecer os seus blogs amigos.

    Querida, tenha uma bonita semana,

    beijinhos, Lígia e =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Su,
    This was fun to read the questions and read your answers. This was a fun post. Have a great week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very fun post. Thank you for sharing about you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A huge thank you to you for featuring my blog and I'll be happy to feature some other blogs next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh lovely! I love to learn little bits of information that bloggers don't often share on an everyday blogging basis, so interesting! I made a dollhouse from a bookshelf too when I was a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice getting to know you a little bit better. Thank you for introducing me to some more bloggers too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a perfect nominee! Your creativity is amazing. Glad to see you and many of my other favorite bloggers mentioned. Great learning more about you.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fun to hear what inspires you and why you blog. I loved dollhouses when I was young too :) Going to check out your blog recommendations, they sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed reading a bit about you and learning what inspires your beautiful blog. I will take a peek at your blog nominees for more beautiful inspiration. Have a lovely weekend! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Su, I love reading about you and how you create. You are such an inspiration to me! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so lovely to know something more about you and what you do <3
    Have a wonderful weekend, thank you
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su