05 June 2014

Tucson Road Trip














Last weekend we went on a short road-trip to Tucson, Arizona.
We were busy that weekend, but I did manage to snap a few photos.

This is the resort the Hilton Conquistador.
This shot was taken looking up one of the quaint, village roads. There is a regular resort hotel and there are casitas, but we didn't realize that when we made the reservation, so we really didn't get to enjoy the amenities.  There are swimming pools down here, and we could of hiked up the hill to the resort, but it was not convenient for the short time we spent here.

The casitas would be nice if you are staying with small pets and like to walk, but they do not have full kitchens.  They also have an adult only section.  It might also be fun if you have a bigger family, because the units are large.

The parking situation was not the best; it really needs to be assigned down in the casitas; that's why we had to hike back up to the resort, because we used the valet service to park the car.






After waiting, waiting, and waiting for a golf cart ride to the top, my daughter walked up the hill in her heels.  It's a joke photo for my one of my sisters who once hiked in heels in Bandelier National Park.  But my daughter really made it up the hill in heels, in the fancy dress, in nearly 100 degree weather in the a.m.!  It's about a ten minute walk.  The temperature went over hundred that day, and I think it was the hottest day of the year so far.  She was a good sport. That's the Catalina Mountains in the background.

The one great thing about Tucson in the summer, is that the afternoons are cooler than Phoenix.  A nice breeze comes in around three or four o'clock and cools the place down, because it is at a higher elevation.  In the summer, it is really inexpensive to visit.









In between events, we did a little shopping.







This is the shop where we found the Talavera Rooster,
and it is right next door to the Earthworks Gallery on Oracle and McGee.  I love the metal quail covey enjoying the fountain and those "flowers".
The "flowers" would be really fun to have in a backyard.


The rooster that my daughter found for her collection looks right at home in our June display.
Daughter's Photo


If you are in Tucson for longer than a weekend I recommend:  De Grazia's Museum, Sabino Canyon's tram ride, Saguaro National Park, The Desert Museum, and San Javier del Bac.
There is even an Old Town Tucson if you are into the old west.  They filmed a lot of episodes of Little House on the Prairie there.  Boys really enjoy it.













28 comments:

  1. What a fun trip for you...even if it was 100 degree weather! yeowwww! What a pretty place but I would not like not being able to park close to where I was staying. Your daughter is my kind of girl. I wore heels EVERYWHERE for years and years......and years.....lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't like the parking situation; it was quite the fiasco getting our car back. Walking up the hill in heels was funny. I didn't do it justice with the camera. :) LOL

      Delete
  2. Over 100 degrees already? Wow, I do not think that I am hearty enough stock to walk in that weather! It looks like a pretty place, maybe I could visit in December! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kim. It has been 110 all week! It's a little warmer than usual for this time of year, but I think only one of those days was a record. In December it's cold, but visitors from the east can be found in their bathing suits by the pool, because they think it is warm. xoxo

      Delete
  3. It looks like a fascinating place, although I would never have been able to cope with that heat! Your daughter looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. She has a pretty braid around the center of the top of that pony tail. I didn't get a good photo or a video. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I don't think I have ever been to Tucson. The resort looks like a nice place to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I like JW Mariott's Starpass better, but this one is near the Catalina's, and the area is a little more scenic.

      Delete
  5. Hi Dear,
    good you took some shots, I've never been there, so now I know a bit! Funny place!
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elisabeth. Summer is not the best time to go, though it is the least expensive time. xoxo Su

      Delete
  6. Oh does that ever sound hot, as in too hot :) The rooster is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will never catch me in Arizona--way too hot. I have relatives there but keep in touch via email. I am not a desert person, preferring the cooler. lush climes of the NW. Glad you all enjoyed it and your daughter is quite the gal walking in that heat in heels and dressed so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rose. Nine months of the year it's beautiful, but three and sometimes four are not.

      Delete
  8. I've never been there. What a fun trip
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty town! I would like to visit there...not sure how I would do with the temperatures though!! You guys are tough. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia. It's mild weather eight or nine months of the year; that's the good thing. ;)

      Delete
  10. I think my boys would love Old Town Tucson. :-)

    I think Arizona is a beautiful state. I visited long ago, I was 10 years old. I had a lot of fun and remember all the turquoise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they would. :) I love turquoise too, even just the color.

      Delete
  11. Where there's a will, there's a way; even if it means walking up a hill in heels. Brave girl, I hope her feet weren't killing her by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judith. She was a good sport. xoxo

      Delete
  12. I love it when you take us to road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing your photos of this amazing part of our country! Your daughter looks so beautiful....like a photo from a magazine! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I'm blessed. She plays the piano and loves beautiful dresses.

      Delete
  14. Arizona looks so amazingly gorgeous. Your pictures captivate your trip so beautifully! I'd love to go shopping and touristing down there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such gorgeous photos! Your daughter rocks! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su