16 June 2014

Summer Touches





Summer Inside the Home
What have we been up to?
We have been getting ready for the Mad Tea party.
It has also been so hot that we stay mostly indoors, unless it is early morning or evening when the air is moving.
















We have also been getting ready for a music festival.
My daughter plays piano, so she has several gorgeous dresses, and this is one of them that she is taking.









We both have dried a few roses and made some displays.

















From the garden, we have tomatoes, carrots, chiles, basil, mint, cilantro, and the watermelon is getting large.








I took a photo of my daughter in a dress similar to this print when my daughter was not taller than the curve on the door.  I'm five feet, and now she is less than two inches shorter than me.



















We have been revisiting art history.









We have been cutting and drying flowers, and we had a picnic on the porch.









Garden roses and ribbons were added to this chandelier for a festive touch. 







Featured at:





Sharing with:









20 comments:

  1. Love the chandelier, it`s beautiful.

    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be delightful to live at your home. Can't wait to see what you share for the Mad Tea Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah., for your lovely visit. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I am very fond of that bowl full of shells! When we lived by the ocean we had lots of nice shells. Never quite knew what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely home!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  5. So incredibly beautiful and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Imogen, for your sweet visit and compliment. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Absolutely beautiful pictures...I especially like the ones of your daughter....so sweet. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana. I like those photos too. I should have some of my nice ones printed. I have not done that in a few years. xoxo Have a wonderful week. Su

      Delete
  7. Oh I love that dress it's gorgeous! It's been world cup football on tele everyday for me....

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures! The tomatoes here in Brittany are still green and the size of a pea!
    Your daughter's dress is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could of sworn I commented on this post? So i am so happy I stopped by again after seeing it at Brenda's. Your pictures are so beautiful, I struggle so with photography, but hope one day it will all come together. I also would love to have that chandelier! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy, for your sweet visit. You may have left a post, and I apologize. I had a spam problem on this one particular post that went past the filter; I thought that some comments might have disappeared when I used the feature. I've never used it before, because the filter has always worked. xoxo

      Delete
  10. Home for the tea party! Can't wait! The pic of your daughter is PRICELESS! Sorry for the weird comment format...iPad trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen. That's okay. xoxo I hope it is working for you now, or it is not a big repair. xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su