07 June 2014

Hatter Reading Room Small Changes














































This vase looks proper in the Hatter's Reading Room.
Like many of my lovely visitors, I love reusing things that nobody wants anymore.








Some products are packaged in such pretty containers these days;
this was a candle, but the crock makes a nice vase.










  Why is it the Hatter's room? Can you tell? the chairs, clock, and collection...
but it is also shows my love for French country and Paris.








In the bookshelves there are a few portraits of the Hatters, and even a sculpture.
Except for the cart, the furniture that you see was second hand and acquired as is, and someone made the clock.  Since acquiring these chairs a few months ago, I think that we have used these chairs more than the original owners; the upholstery was unworn on them.

The china cabinet is an early birthday and anniversary gift (September) for this room, the room my spouse painted as a present a couple of months ago.

The seller of the china cabinet had already painted it the perfect shade of AS  Paris Grey.  Serendipitous.   Though the French country design of the cabinet changed a  little bit over the years, its dimensions are almost exactly the same as a new one manufactured by the same company; one would gasp at the price of a new one; thankfully, this piece is only ten percent of the cost of a new one.

If you have seen the room before
the table IS smaller.  We switched the larger glass table to a smaller table.  The Hatters' glues, liquids, paints, yarns, ribbons, and scissors were not always compatible with the books... :)  (But, we still have the colored pencils, markers, and garlands in the room for fun. :)






As you can see from the prints on the wall and the garland, I love Paris, because
my spouse and I became engaged there.

Our dream is to make the shed in the backyard a studio,
but for now our art supplies have returned to the large, glass-topped desk.
Most of the year, we keep art supplies in the potting shed,
 but it is already summer temperatures.





Featured at:


Inspire Me Tuesday



Sharing with:



Le Chateau Des Fleurs


Petite Michelle Louise



Shabby Art Boutique's Shabbilicious Friday






















52 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Martina. I'm looking forward to seeing your new sofa.

      Delete
  2. haalöleeee soooo eine gemütliche ECKE,,
    drück dich aus der FERNE,,, bussale..
    bis bald de BIRGIT; und DANKE für deine liebe NACHRICHT;;;;
    UND JAAAAA ES ist WUNDERBAR...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crock makes a wonderful little vase. I've seen those candles at Anthropologie and thought the crock would be something I kept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sarah, the candles do come from Anthropologie. xoxo We found the empty crock at a second hand store for a couple of dollars.

      Delete
  4. The little crock is very pretty and I have a similar one. It's nice to have a reading room or library. I see yours and always think I need to add some whimsy to mine! Enjoy your evening! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this room! Those chairs are AWESOME!! I also think that crock is super cute too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia. I think that we have used the chairs more than the former owners in just the few months we have had them.

      Delete
  6. Really lovely! I'd love to have a studio... someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, it would be so much fun to have a space to create and make a mess that can stay if it needs to. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Everything looks lovely. Until blogging, I never would have thought of using gray, but It looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol, for the visit and compliment. It's such a small room, and it's a passage to another room, so the gray unifies it. It makes me and my daughter happy, and my spouse loves it, because it's not overly feminine, so it's a win win. French Grey is so cozy for a room filled with books. xoxo

      Delete
  8. Very lovely to have a studio or a room where to read. Everything looks gorgeous
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alessandra. I love your blue pin board! xo

      Delete
  9. Such a pretty room! Love how you used the candle crock-it looks perfect there!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room is lovely! Those chairs, and the cupboard are beautiful. I love the clock, too.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie, for your visit and sweet compliment. xoxo

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous!!! Love it all. And you inspire me to keep working on getting my projects done! :)
    Have a happy one,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lin, for your sweet visit and compliment. xoxo

      Delete
  12. Your reading room is PERFECT! I would love to sit and read there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lee. I like your new photo. I wonder how I missed your updates!? I love you patriotic patio. Great job! Have a wonderful week. xoxo

      Delete
  13. I like you think outside the box for planters too. So many cool things to use. To up-cycle them in new ways makes me feel happy they are useful once again! Loved to have a studio room, but the Charmer is small, I do have a bedroom we use for an office/craft space. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. Our home is small too, and we find it hard to contain the projects; we are naturally spontaneous and challenged by order. But we are lucky, the yard is not small, and we have a another shed, and eventually we will fix it up. The main issue is how hot it is. xoxo

      Delete
  14. Love your reading room. The colors are so restful, and it looks lovely with the sunlight streaming in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Su, your reading rom makes me smile. :) I think a studio conversion of your shed is a fantastic idea. I wish I could get out of the house because when I paint I'm constantly distracted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, RJ. It's a bit in the future, but hopefully in the fall.

      Delete
  16. I never was a grey lover until I saw your interior. You make it look so magical and in a strange way, colourful! Also so in love with that clock :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer, for such a nice compliment; it is so sweet coming from such a creative person as yourself. Have a lovely week. xoxo

      Delete
  17. OOO,I LOVE THIS ROOM....
    and I am more than delighted that you are going to the Mad Tea Party...meee, too...I am having so much fun working on my party post...I do a little on it every day and I am now afraid it is waaay too long....I so love being able to play in link parties....so much fun..
    xox bj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, B.J. I'm so excited for the party too, and I've done a little bit too! I certainly can empathize with the ability to get carried away. xoxo Thank you, for such a sweet compliment, and I look forward to seeing your clock! Someone made mine, and I wish she had put her signature somewhere so I could give her credit :(

      Delete
  18. ....and meant to say that I would LOVE that great clock....sooo cute...which reminds me to take pictures of my tall clock and let it play in the party...it sure isn't as cute as yours, tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just lovely ~ I'm getting so many idea for our new home...we should have a move in date soon. I'm storing up ideas to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wanda. Best wishes with the move, and I look forward to the projects and reveals. xo

      Delete
  20. What a lovely space. I especially like the little bunting and flag type banner on the bookshelf. The candle crock is a very pretty touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanette. I make the banners for fun. xoxo

      Delete
  21. Such a pretty room - the colours are so soft and calming :-) Love the round table and the Paris Grey cabinet and the barn door and the pink peony :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a "surprise" room for me... and I LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful room.
    "I love Paris in the Spring Time" :-) that song came into my head reading your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura. It's my favorite spot in the summer, because the porch is too hot. xoxo

      Delete
  25. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cristina, for your sweet visit and comment. xoxo

      Delete
  26. I love your reading room, it's so pretty and I would love to curl up with a good book! Congrats on the feature on a stroll thru life party!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie, for your sweet visit. xoxo

      Delete
  27. Oh your whimsical style I just love!!! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su