09 February 2014

Small Spaces Spells

This photo of the dining area next to the kitchen looks so nice and neat, but if you look closely, there are shoes under the table.  A small home is a challenge to keep clean: no matter how neat, how organized, or how frugal one is.

Tonight,  as I was organizing the armoire in my bedroom, I was getting worked up about the amount of driving I have to do next week.  My daughter, the budding the comedian, said, "we will get enough sleep, and you will be able to handle the driving as long as there is no paranormal activity around here at three a.m. with banging doors and maniacal laughing."

Are you curious?

Last weekend we repainted my daughter's room, and some of the linens were rotated  to my armoire, which holds the excess linens.

Apparently, a few nights ago I forgot to shut the armoire door, and when I woke in the middle of the night to refill my water, I whacked my head on the door.   I attempted to close the doors again, and one of the doors bounced back and whacked me right back on the right side of the head.  Half asleep, not thinking clearly, I continued to try to close the door by pulling stuff off the shelves on to the floor, multiple times; until, I realized it was futile.  At that point, I stepped on the stuff on the floor, and I went to the bathroom to refill my water glass. While in the bathroom, I looked at the bruise on my temple, and started laughing, maniacal laughing, and snorted water up my nose until I ended up leaning over the toilet.  That's the "paranormal activity" she was talking about; I woke her with the racket I made, and I wish I could say that was the end of banging my head last week.

The doors on my washer and dryer were installed going the opposite direction by the company that delivered them.  So one day last week, when I stood up to put the wet clothes in the dryer, I almost knocked myself out.  I'm not kidding, and that was the second time on that darn dryer!  I was p*ssed!  My head is so sore with bumps!

My spouse fixed the dryer door for me this weekend, while I worked on organizing the armoire.  Now both doors on the washer and dryer open in the same direction toward the wall!

Needless to say, I was busy this weekend, and unfortunately, I did not get a chance to feature someone for my word of the week, but since this week is Valentine's day, I will just keep with the theme of the holiday and take a rest or share some more of my adventures.

Welcome to all my new followers.








28 comments:

  1. Sorry, but I'm snickering at your mishaps! Too bad you got your head banged and bruised but the story is funny. The bathroom moment had me laughing along with you. I am the one who does things like that and have laughed at myself for it. Hopefully this week will be less painful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch girl you better be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Head bangs are the worst, I always tend to hit back at the object that injured me, for revenge, like an idiot haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! So you empathize with what I was doing! I have had that armoire for years, and that was the first time I had an argument with it. LOL XOXO Have a great day, Jennifer.

      Delete
  4. Good grief! Be careful!!! I wish I could say stuff like that hasn't happened to me before, but it has. Makes you wonder what the heck is going on!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. LOL. I was a hazard to myself.

      Delete
  5. Ah...Sue...so very sorry to hear you have bumped your head so many times. I know how painful that is. My laundry room is teeny tiny and I have bumped my head on the corner of the cabinets in there so many times...bleeding, bruising...dangers of housework...I don't mean that lightly either. Wish we could have a cup of tea together. xoxo Jen BTW-I don't see the shoes under the table. LOVE your home...I would love a smaller place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen. Tea together would be so sweet. XOXO

      I am grateful that this place is smaller than what we have had in the past, it is especially good when times are tough, but I have not yet mastered the battle of the mess or the stuff even though I have tried to keep only what we love or need.

      Delete
  6. While Larry was away I got involved in a painting project. I leaned over at one point and hit my head on the corner of an end table. I just sat down and cried. I still have a big knot and a black and blue spot on my forehead. Your house is so pretty. It is always so serene and peaceful! I love the view of the table that includes the French doors. Have a beautiful week... no more paranormal activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Dana, sorry to hear about your head too!

      Thank you, Dana. Your home is gorgeous! XOXO

      Delete
  7. Oh goodness, I hope your head doesn't hurt! You make me laugh with your "shoes under the table." That's not untidy! I have a harness on the floor, at least three backpacks in the hallway where they do not belong, and shoes scattered in assorted rooms all through the house. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still hurting, especially the one from when the door bounced back! :)

      I purposely tried not to get shoes in the photo! I avoided photographing the spot where there are baskets overflowing with shoes. I took the photo, and there was a pair that I did not see until I looked at it. LOL My daughter has three back packs too: one for singing, one for dance, and one for piano. Are they related?

      Here's another funny related to this subject, and it is from our bible reading. In Exodus the Israelites had to put blood over the doors so the Angel of Death would spare the first born and pass them over. My daughter says... If that had been us that would not have turned out so well .......Me: Why???? Daughter: S. did you put blank over the door? Did you put blank over the door? Did you put blank over the door? (I'm getting to it... I forgot... to infinity... ) Until, someone asked where is S.?

      Thanks, Sarah, that made me feel good to know. XOXO

      Delete
  8. Oh my. Be careful sweet friend. You really have to look hard to find those shoes under the table. Your kitchen is just perfect. It is a home after all. And your daughter's room is perfect. Very pretty and comfy. Thanks for always coming to visit. I do love to read your comments.

    Hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. Enjoyed the explanation of the 'paranormal activity.' :-) And love her sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me laugh! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that kind of adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise, thank you, Magali! XOXO :) !

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I had to laugh, but it`s a funny story. Hope your head is ok. Love the photo, by the way.

      Hugs from here

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home is perfect, shoes and all! Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your adorable cottage. And I hear ya about storage issues (that can actually lead to injuries, LOL)….

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is quite unsympathetic and awful of me but you did have me chuckling as I read this post! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I thought it was funny too, so that is okay. XOXO

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su