02 February 2014

February's Chalkboard



It's February, and the chalkboard on the sleeping porch and the decorations beneath it,
have been redone to celebrate.






I used items from around the house.




This month's theme is, "Where there is hatred let me sow love."
St. Francis of Assisi




I sketched a little quail family in the desert scavenging as a sentinel quail carefully watches over the covey.





 Bunting, Banner, Garlands


This time, the little banner is from a darling vintage shop that carries some handmade items.  I could not have made it for 7.50, because I didn't have material on hand.  The cats appreciated the scraps that my mother sent, and made the box a bed in the potting shed.






The sleeping cherub was a gift from my husband many years ago, and the little turquoise and pink plates came from Target years ago.

A lot was accomplished this weekend.
My spouse did some painting for my daughter and then some painting for me.
That's a lot of work, and I'm so lucky that he does that for us.

My daughter and I worked on my cat painting, because she had an idea; so, I let her at it.  The thing about a painting is that it can always be painted over.  It looks dreamy right now, so it is considered finished for now. 

Because we dislike the main backyard, we sowed some plants in our garden bed.  Hopefully in a few months we will have some produce.
The St. Francis of Assisi quote seems an appropriate inspiration for our February.


Sharing With


Featured at:



And Featured at:






31 comments:

  1. I am in love with your decor! So beautiful! have a super week and thank you so much for your visits :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have decorated your sleeping porch ~ the quote is a powerful message. And you are a good at drawing too! And your chandelier is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Those little chandeliers gave my husband so much trouble. He dropped one and broke something on another, but eventually he had them looking okay a new piece to hold the bulb and replaced crystals!

      Delete
  3. What a charming room. Love the chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I'm having so much fun with it!

      Delete
  4. I love the faded ivory colours and that magnificent chalkboard! that pail with the roses is very pretty too. Calm and sweet and a refreshing change from the usual Valentine colours. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhissana. Your handmade dolls are gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. such a pretty vignette, I love that chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks so pretty! Love that cherub statue. This seems like a great spot for your chalkboard, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. It's on the enclosed porch and it can be seen front the front doors through the French doors. I had to find something for that spot. I was so lucky to find this! XOXO

      Delete
  7. Great quote. Love the birds you drew on the board. Perfect for winter and spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsey. They are a common little bird here.

      Delete
  8. Indeed, perfect quote! xoxo I love your sketch and I can't wait to see your cat painting! Sue, you amaze me. Love you, Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen. I just loved your post today; it was so beautiful! XOXO

      Delete
  9. I really like your sleeping porch and you always have the best quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali! That chalkboard has turned out to be an unexpected delight and something as a family that we look forward to each month.

      Delete
  10. I love all your banners, I'm not great with the chalkboard but do try, yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nice and Pretty. I made them with buttons, twine, and an old comforter. The one I bought from a crafter is lace, and ribbon. XOXO

      Delete
  11. I love that quote from the Prayer of St. Francis. I must get a chalkboard and fill it with daily quotes, weekly quotes, monthly! Things i need to remember. Yours looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer. I look forward to it every month! I definitely think you should!

      Delete
  12. i love every single thing
    about this vignette!

    the frame around the chalkboard
    is so pretty
    and the little dresser and chairs work well too

    now following you via Bloglovin'
    and thanks for sharing
    at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your chalkboard! i'm a huge fan of those right now. beautiful bungalow and i love all the white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. What a cute cottage that your spouse built!

      Delete
  14. You are a great artist, the birds are so cute and I love the quote,

    Sincerely,
    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    Thanks for visiting today too. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su