24 January 2014

Whimsy and Two Bloggers



We had a wonderful week keeping in mind and spirit the word "whimsy".
It made me feel lighthearted and more willing to take a risk.
I enjoy the word so much, that I almost want to keep it for a month and see what happens.
I even gained a few readers.  Thank you.

In the spirit of whimsy, I want to share two bloggers that I love, and the reason I chose these women was to feature their whimsical, artistic senses.

(I actually thought of a lot of my readers, but I intend to pick another word so I will be able to feature other artists, artistic people, creatives in a future post.)


I just love RJ's kitchen at Art at Home.  RJ is an artist.


RJ's Island is painted Benjamin Moore's Ballet Silpper Pink and topped with walnut. One can see the entire kitchen if one clicks the island link.

I can't think of a sweeter named paint color.  My daughter dances, and this color makes me want to buy a can just to paint a footstool or something.  
It's such a whimsical, delicate shade of pink, and it's the perfect touch to go with her colorful pastel collection.


The other creative, whimsical project that I wanted to share was from Carol's  at
Art and Sand

Every time I visit Art and Sand something has changed at her home or something has been made just more fun.  She has a wonderful sense of color, and her spouse is an artist.
 This past week, she made a banner that I just love.

When I finally get a minute or two I want to find some tape and paint some stripes on one of our banners.



Thank you Art and Sand and Art at Home.
If you are going to pin, please pin from their websites by clicking on the links provided.

24 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring me for the word whimsy. I get that adjective a lot about our home.

    I am also thrilled to be included with Ricki. She is one of my favorite bloggers so linking me with Ricki is a treat.

    Can't wait to learn your next word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are two of my favorite bloggers, too. I get so many ideas visiting these creative ladies. Fun post my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm love them both - great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices, both of these bloggers! I will admit that RJ has always been the first blogger that I associate with whimsy. Her colourful approach to decorating has always made me smile. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her pink!

      I also love your yellow and white curtained pantry and the Christmas velvet.

      Delete
  5. What beautiful creative spaces. Ricki's is so welcoming but makes me feel the need to go clean up my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad, Dogs Mom. I remind myself that many bloggers take the photo when the kitchen is clean. I know that's true for me... I said to my daughter, "let me try this digital camera I picked up at Target". She replied, "you just want a photo in here because this is the neatest room in the house at the moment."

      Delete
  6. You have made my week (month, really)…..I'm smiling from ear to ear! So thrilled to be included in a post with Carol. Her beach cottage makes me smile just like your dessert one does.

    I hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love RJ's kitchen and I love the name of the paint on her island for the exact same reason as you. Her kitchen makes me think of my former ballet teacher's kitchen! So many memories!
    And I also love Carol's use of colour, because it's so far from what I do and I love how she takes me out of my comfort zone with every post!
    It was a very interesting week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both blogs look wonderful. The pink island is a hoot. Thanks for sharing these two blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not familiar with RJ's blog. I'm glad you featured her kitchen so I can now visit her. I love Carol's blog. She's very creative and uses color so effectively. It's always fun to see what she's up to. Thanks for sharing these two lovely blogs. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Art and Sand is a perfect pick for whimsy! Carol's blog is one of my favorites! I will check out RJ's blog. :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those bright dreamy spaces! I'm in the process of choosing a new paint colour for my room, thinking blue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing these two awesome blogs and their amazing and inspiring spaces! They are so different- one is very neutral and the other just pops with color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one reason I picked them, Lindsey! People are drawn to different ways of using color, yet both are playful.

      Delete
  13. I just love Carol at Art and Sand! I'll check out RJ as well! Thanks for the info! xoxo Jen ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su