21 January 2014

Outside the Door


Whimsical Secrets Outside the Door
by Sara

I love whimsical Fanciful Twist. Take a look at her rainbow crocheted masterpiece.
Every year we join her summer Mad Hatter Tea Party, because we love AIW.



Even though we don't live where the desert meets the bajada anymore, I went into my backyard to find something beautiful.




In the backyard there is a woody bush that grows like a weed, and there are a dozen blooming along the wall.  They are about four feet high, and they are not much to look at if one just views them as bushes.  

However, if I take a closeup photo, suddenly one can see the pretty little yellow flowers and not the woodiness.


☀☀☀

Enveloped in sun kissed yellow flowers, are the tiny little homes of a fairy village. The warm sun casts rays of dreamy light into their flowery homes.





Over here is a water source and aloe grows beneath it.
Aloe blooms once a year with a pretty orange flower.   Silly humans dig them up, because they are not a pretty color when they are not blooming, but they come back in greater numbers, because they are used by the fairy residents to make healing poultices for their kingdom.


A magical water ball tells the future of the fairy world, but its secrets remain hidden to fairies unless they dare cross it. It can only be reached by jumping on a foamy step.



Do you remember this photo?
It's easy to find fairies playing tricks with the camera in the desert, but where are the fairies hiding in a bland backyard?




Here is our fairy circle, but one can see that we have not given them any gifts.
Aloe is again growing beneath the tree...  Evidence of fairies...

Fairy circle, fairy circle... Can you hear the bells?
Joyful singing, praising the sun, can you tell?

This is the magical fairy meeting ground, where they honor their god, the Sun. The Sun shines bright on their altar that was hand-crafted thousands of years ago and then dyed with stains of indigo and crimson. 



This tree may seem huge to fairies, but it produces sun fruit, a sweet fruit that is often mistaken as sour by humans. 





This is the elven queen's castle.
Look closely.  We see a shadow of her guard keeping watch at the front gate, welcoming
VIP guests to swirl around the famous castle of Agave.






Later we have a whimsy masquerade party for an elven queen. Tea, scones, and hearts create quite a cozy room for royals and special visitors.



♥♡♥♡♥

Sharing with:

Bernideen's Sharing Tea












35 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait until I have fairies dancing in my gardens again! Right now they are asleep under the snow. Do the pretty yellow flowers come from the 'broom' bush? I had one at my previous home and they do get quite woody. I would chop it down to try and control it. Love the flowers and the smell! Your little tea awaiting the fairies is just precious!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. Gosh, so much of the country is cold!

      It's warm here now, but we suffer in the summer.

      Delete
  2. What a fun post! We love and believe in fairies in our house too :) I love seeing your flowers and greenery! I cant wait until the earth comes out of hibernation here! And tea and scones sound sooo good right now!!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy., for your sweet comment.

      It seems much of the country is cold, except for AZ and southern California.

      Delete
  3. Your photos are fantastic. I love how you captured the sunlight on the plants.

    I happened to see a comment of yours on another blog where you said you used to live in California and love Solana Beach (which I also love) but I thought you lived in the desert of California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Art and Sand, this is Sue. Thank you.

      My spouse is a native Californian and my daughter. I lived about half my life there. I've lived in San Diego county, Bay Area, and the delta area. We have friends and family in southern and northern California. We visit Southern California often, because it only six hours away, but we live in the Arizona desert.

      Delete
  4. What a darling post. Your teapot pattern - Summertime Rose is the same as Kitty's today! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to the fairies dancing in my gardens again...but right now my gardens are covered in snow! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martina. I hope it is not a long winter there. I wish it were a little cooler here. It has been warmer than usual for this time of year.

      Delete
  6. What beautiful photos you've shared on your post. I love your special tea at the end with your pretty teapot and beautiful teacups. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kitty, I am also following you too!

      Delete
  7. Love the photos - I can't wait for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I bet!!! It's so cold in Canada!

      Delete
  8. Love the fairies and I can't wait for spring! Your teapot is so pretty. Thank you for your very cute post.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi. My daughter loved writing and taking the photos.

      Delete
  9. Lovely fairies making any place their castle, but their true magic comes to life when they are loved.

    Magical post!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I love all your remodeling selections.

      Delete
  10. Looks so warm and sunshiney. I'd be jealous except I want to keep my snow days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsey.

      I wish it would cool a little here so others could have a little warmth!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you. That was an amazing capture of that shadow.

      Delete
  12. Wishing my garden fairies would make an appearance soon. It's been so cold here lately. Thank you for sharing such lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brandi. WIshing you some warmer weather. I'm now following you.

      Delete
  13. You have so many beautiful spots for the fairies and 'humans' to enjoy! We'll all be there for tea! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a lovely post and I enjoyed seeing your garden. It's magical itself to have an aloe in your garden! This plant helped me when I was sick years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali. I'm so glad that plant could help you. There are so many things that are healing in nature.

      Delete
  15. This is so beautiful, what an incredibly gorgeous post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Imogen. We are new followers of you. We love fashion here too!

      Delete
  16. It's so nice to know there are fairies living in your gardens as well. I don't know where they go when we have two feet of snow covering the yard, but hopefully they're keeping warm somewhere.
    Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judith. Snowflake fairies and ice crystal fairies?

      Delete
  17. I am sitting here in sub zero temperatures. It is warming and delightful to visit your gardens and fairies. We sent our fairies off on vacation for a couple months.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sara, you are just darling! I love every single thing about this post! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su