18 December 2013

Painted Old Door











 When we replaced this seventy-year old door, I couldn't part with this lone, 
warped, wooden door; it's the same as the interior doors of the house.



  I'm painting this door with chalk paint.  I used Annie Sloan's "Linen" and "Pure White" paints, and then I added some SW's "Silvermist'.





There is plenty of glue or goop on this door, but I only had my spouse wipe off the crud.
Because the door is so gross, I'm going to paint the other side too, but with a different finish.  I had planned to work on it again today, but
 my spouse forgot to move it back to the ground for me. 




 I am obsessed with doors, and I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to doors.

 When I am finished, maybe I will have my spouse secure it to a wall in the house or maybe I will save it for a secret garden or a wonderland theme in the backyard.  





19 comments:

  1. I love old doors and have been looking for a door for a long time.

    I like your idea for a Secret Garden door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope to work on that yard sometime in the next year or two. It has been low on the list.

      This one was not secure and could not close, but I couldn't part with.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Marina. You have beautiful ones where you live!

      Delete
  3. Great idea! I'm following you on Pintrest now! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray, your blog is now the perfect size!
    Though it still hangs, but that could be my computer I guess :)

    I love this door, also the little apron in an earlier post. I have been having a rough couple of weeks, so I'm a little behind on my blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Thank you for telling me. What is so weird is that it never showed on the browsers we were using. I'm happy I figured out how to fix it.

      I'm sorry that you having a rough time right now, especially this time of year.

      Delete
  5. I love the look of old doors, so I can totally relate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the ideas of how you might use this door. It looks like a lot of hard work but it will be worth it! The color is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argghhh - you got me off on a Pinterrest tangent!

    I have spent many hours with old doors, but never really finished a project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about when one has a Pinterest fail? I've done some of those and wasted time! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  8. How about when one has a Pinterest fail? I've done some of those and wasted time! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had noticed you were pinning lots of doors lately! Good job with the first side. It would look wonderful in a Wonderland garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a have a way to go before I get to the back yard. A few more major fixes. I might store it in the house before then.

      Delete
  10. Ooh...I love the idea of a secret garden! Awesome! xo Jen You are so very inspiring! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su