15 December 2013

Gluten Free Dairy Free Mushroom Soup

 Easy Gluten Free Dairy Free Delicious Homemade Mushroom Soup

This soup is super easy to prepare and excellent if one likes mushrooms.
There are no photos of the soup. None of the photos came out, but the recipe is below.

From the Kitchen
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Homemade Mushroom Soup

Saute one chopped medium onion in butter or olive oil until softened

Add one 14 oz container of sliced, fresh mushrooms  ( I used just ordinary mushrooms, but it would probably be good or better with a medley too.)

When the mushrooms have softened 

Add three cups of chicken broth ( We made our own, but it was best with our homemade turkey broth.)

1 can of thai coconut milk (regular)

2 tsp of dill weed (or Herbs of Provence)

1 tablespoon of soy sauce (gluten free type)

Salt and pepper to taste

Heat the soup until it simmers

You can make it all in one pot if you want, but use a good size one.
One could probably make it gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan if you substitute the broth, but I have never prepared it that way.


23 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! Thank you for stopping by and your nice comment! Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum yum! Though I have to admit I'd ruin the dairy-free part by topping it with cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This soup is perfect for me! I am going to try! Definitely with meat broth, and ooh, the coconut milk...yummy and creamy! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it all the time as a dairy substitute in soup. My daughter's stomach get upset by dairy too.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is. Kind of amazing even though it is so easy.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post. I love the apron! I eat gluten free and I'm always looking for good, healthy recipes. Blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Congratulations on your tree feature.

      Delete
  6. This sounds so good and thanks for sharing the recipe. Thanks for the visit to my place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are big on soups for winter. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good, thanks for sharing this recipe....your home must always smell good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Diane. This is easy soup. I tend to burn things! But it is much easier now with my gas stove.

      Delete
  9. Bookmarked it! Sometimes soup photos don't look very appetizing….I've tried! ;P

    Thanks for the angel wings tutorial, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, love your apron. Pinning to try your soup recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you are celiac and need to be gluten free, be sure that the soy sauce you use has not been fermented using wheat! That sneaky gluten hides in the strangest places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I know that, but maybe others don't.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su