30 December 2013

Buttons and Bows

Our blog slept, while we enjoyed a Christmas holiday.


This wreath is our sweet excuse for a "White Christmas"! LOL ;) The wreath is soft like a fur blanket, but no toy poodles' tails were harmed in the making of this wreath! It's just our handmade pom poms.



"Brown paper packages tied up with string.. these are a few of my favorite things!!!"

I made these Christmas bows without a tutorial. The inspiration came to me when I wanted to make bows better than the store bought bows ;), after all, it's the thought that counts!  They are made of cloth.  I made a tutorial video to remind myself how I made them, because I probably will forget, wouldn't put it past me!



I went with a whimsical, simple place setting for our Christmas dinner.



Don't you just love the small, sparkling bowls I found for my mom?  (Ikea)



 Lemons, lemons, AND MORE LEMONS! We have already baked zesty lemon bars, and we are going to make lemonade, and other dishes one bakes with lemons! I don't really know a lot of things that one can make with lemons! :)



Yum...  A zesty, lemon bar with hot tea on a winter's day...
Seventy degrees outside...




And a happy new year!!!! AND MANY MORE! Even though that's kind of a birthday saying... ;)
I think these garlands are perfect for parties, make great DIY gifts, or beautiful, festive decorations for a room. I would even use the button garland to wrap a present; that would be so fun! Button and bows! I have more to make!

Anyway, thanks for reading my guest post and have a wonderful new year!
Sara XOXO :)


22 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your Christmas break...everything looks so pretty, lemons on the tree, sparkly bowls and your table setting. Have a wonderful and Blessed Happy New Year~~~I loved reading about your kitchen renovation~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. Best wishes for the new year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with lemon is wonderful.

    I love your little bows and the little bunting.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Art and Sand. The buttons are actually colorful, but they don't really show. I'm still working on getting a camera.

      Delete
  4. That's a lovely cloth bow...reminds me of my grandmother's...she knew how to do them ( and I never learned! :) Have a Happy New Year! Another big dinner here tomorrow and then I'll be happy to not celebrate a single thing for awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb. Yes. My daughter came up with that, but I have no idea how, because she didn't look at a tutorial. All I can think is that somehow she knows. I remember my great grandmother making them, but I don't know how myself.

      Delete
  5. You had a great year! Love what you've done and what you shared here. Happy New Year!

    (can't believe it's 2014...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your table setting! The gift bow is awesome! I swear by buttons and bows! xoxo Jen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara - Beautiful photos!

    Happy New Year!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your foods look and sound delicious.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had a perfect cosy Christmas. You can try to bake lemon and walnut cookies, I love them! You just need to do it gluten free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali. I looked up so recipes today.

      Delete
  10. Oh, Su…..I love how you wrap your presents, and your wreath! So *cute*
    I bet your lemons make the best lemon squares. They look so yummy!!!

    Happy New Year!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouuu love the garland with all the cute cute buttons! If I had lemons, I'd make lemonade ;) No but really hehe, love love lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thank you, Jennifer. We made lemonade for New Year's Eve.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su