26 November 2013

"Turkey" Fruit Salad

We have made these for a few years now.  A half of a pear makes a body and the other half of the pear is used to make the feathers.  We also added dried papaya, cashews, marshmallow, and cloves for eyes.  The idea came from here.




This one looks like it is made of dried mango and papaya.  I couldn't find fresh tangerines or mandarin oranges.  I won't buy the one in the cans, because they don't come from the U.S.  I think the turkeys would be cute made with a mix of vegetables too.




This is another fun thing the kids have helped make.  I used soft cream cheese and cheddar and made it into balls.  I drew lines on them with toothpicks, and when I pushed the cashew in as a stem it makes them expand and look like miniature pumpkins.  I used the recipe here, but I substitute cashews for pretzels, so that they are gluten-free.  They melted, because it was too warm.






20 comments:

  1. You have some darling creative ideas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute and yummy looking! This would be so adorable to put out with the desserts on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! It looks exactly like a turkey!

    Happy Thanksgiving

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so darn cute:) I love fruit and want one now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, fun to make and nutritious! Hoping you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! I love the little pumpkins!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun food! Those turkeys are darling! Wish I could try those pumpkins! So creative! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

      Delete
  8. The turkeys are so cute and I love pears, so I'll keep the odea for the next time a friend is visiting with her children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D How adorable. I know y'all had fun making these dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea and find it so cute (moreover I'm vegan so it adds something more to me !)

    xoxo from PARIS

    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su