17 November 2013

Some More Handmade Wreaths

The time between Thanksgiving to Christmas is short this year,
so we started working on decorations..

This is a pom pom wreath.  
I made pom poms, and I attached each one to the small wire frame by alternately tying it around two rows.  It was a lot of work for such a small wreath.  The bow is made from an old towel.  It took two skeins of yarn, and I was worried that I might run out, because I bought the last two on clearance.


Hand-Made Wreaths





This little wreath is just a wreath made of worn linen towels and pom poms from a project that was never finished.  The rags were torn into strips and tied into bows, and alternately attached to a wire frame.






This one is a little messy and a little random, but it didn't take long to make.
I made some others a few months ago.



Sharing with:

A Stroll Thru Life's Tuesdays


French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest







15 comments:

  1. Pretty! I need to put something together for my front door. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun...love it. When is Thanksgiving this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. This year it is on the 28th.

      Delete
  3. This is a very pretty wreath and I especially love the bow made from the towel. I have a great idea now for a wreath thanks to you. I'm sure your beautiful pom poms were a lot of work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Starfish Studio. I began that thinking pom poms are easy to make. They are... But I didn't realize how many it would take! LOL

      Delete
  4. Both wreaths I love! They are so very pretty. I might have to try the rag one! Thanks! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen. The only cost for the rag wreath was the wire frame, which was a couple of dollars at the craft store. I was thinking of making one with an old, toile sheet.

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually like the messy one better, because it is using up older things....as in, how many meals and cooking and cleanup and what have you did those towels participate in over time. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wreaths. The pompom one looks so soft, I could use it as a security blanket. I'd like to add one wreath to the kitchen this year, so thanks for great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali. The yarn I selected was really soft. It almost looked like chenille.

      Delete
  8. I just love the soft colours! Red and green can be so harsh with an already muted colour scheme, I just love the lighter colours for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su