16 November 2013

Car Doors, Missing Handles, and a Dressed Up Chair


This is strange and probably doesn't happen too often.  Two handles on my car have broken off.  A couple a weeks ago the passenger one broke off, and two days ago the driver's came off in my spouse's hand. The "chrome" handles, are plastic, and we think the heat over time has worn them out, though we never had a car have its handles fall off.  We send my daughter in to unlock the door from the opposite side and to give it a push open.

Before she has to crawl in through the back hatch, I'm getting the driver's door fixed next week, and then one every couple of weeks, because each plastic handle is 100 and another 100 each to install.  We went with a body shop, because their estimates were less than the dealers'.  I'm so thankful that the car runs.




Topic 2

We played some musical chairs.  We moved this chair out of my daughter's room to the porch.  She likes reading on the porch, so now the chair has more room to recline. It's leather, but we covered it with some light throws for a softer look. 


16 comments:

  1. We just had a handle break on our Lexus. We thought it was the change of weather , from hot to cold that did it. We need to price it out and get it fixed. The chair certainly looks inviting. Can see why she would like reading in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chair on the porch, it is so romantic looking and a great spot to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that so hard to understand with the handles. Aren't they under guarantee or something? Crazy.
    That chair looks adorable on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. Unfortunately not under warranty...

      Delete
  4. Wow! That is weird about the car doors and even Weirder (is that a word) about the price! Yikes! LOVE, love, love the chair on the porch! So inviting and a perfect spot for getting lost in a good book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LBDH. Amazing what they can charge for plastic.

      Delete
  5. Wow, that is weird and both to go at the same time too - how inconvenient!!

    Love the chair in that space, it looks fabulous! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. That's why I have to fix the front door, before the other two fail. There were no signs of it, but probably within the month. I think all the doors have gotten a lot of use, but not rough use. We are pretty easy on things.

      Delete
  6. So, you did write that post about your car! So funny. I love the new spot for the reading armchair, it looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was funny, too bad the price wasn't. But I could envision my daughter having to crawl in through the hatch door within a week at this rate, so I'm getting one fixed pronto.

      Delete
  7. I have never heard of a cars handles falling off. Makes you wish for metal again. What about going to a junk yard and finding your handles there?

    Have a lovely week my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. Good idea, but the whole door has to be taken apart from the inside. It takes the pro an hour to an hour an half. The dealer's labor is twice the amount of the body shop. It's just a weird thing.

      Delete
  8. Good idea, but the whole door has to be taken apart from the inside. It takes the pro an hour to an hour an half. The dealer's labor is twice the amount of the body shop. It's just a weird thing. Thanks, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yikes! that is strange that both handles on the same side broke. I guess it could always be worst.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is crazy I have never heard of someones door handle coming off. I would predict it was the same person who installed it and perhaps didn't put them on right. ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Car problems always annoy me. So sorry to hear about your car. That chair is gorgeous! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su