09 October 2013

Sleeping Porch's Daybed

IKEA's Scrolled Daybed












Ikea Linens




The other day I shared the laundry area of the sleeping porch. I also want to note that
the sleeping porch is now the largest space in my small home.


Daybed for a Sleeping Porch

This bed is for reading a book, taking a nap, and sleepovers.
We placed two mattresses on it, and we can pull off one of the mattresses and then sleep two guests.  The bed and mattresses are from IKEA.  It was inexpensive.  I looked and looked for one in second hand shops and vintage stores, but couldn't find one.
My spouse is going to build a trundle for beneath.

The linens are from IKEA except for the PB linen gray sham.
The daybed is from IKEA.

That's a five dollar step stool that I painted.  I've had it for years.
I've also had the box for years.

(This bed can be made smaller, but you have to buy their special three piece mattress if you want to make it smaller.  Some people use it for child's bed or a bed for a large dog bed.)

You can see a wonderful summary at Cozy Canadian Cottage who was so kind to feature my sleeping porch.

The sleeping porch was original to the house, but it was in disrepair.  It was a common feature on old houses in the desert.  In the past, before central air conditioning, people hung wet sheets in the windows to create natural cooling for the hot summer nights.


Sharing with:

Creative Home Expression's Creative Home Garden Hop

A Stroll Thru Life's Inspire Me Tuesday








28 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I could see taking a nap there. : ) I've got the grey and white leaf patterned linens from Ikea, too. In our guest bedroom. Love the ruffly looking coverlet. Is that from Ikea, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Yes the ruffle coverlet is from there too. I think it is sold as a throw. But it is long and stretchy, so I used it as a coverlet. "Ofelia"

      Delete
  2. I think that is just perfect for reading a book and take a cat nap. Looks wonderful and inviting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the daybed - and the linens are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. Ikea has such cool things that are inexpensive.

      Delete
  4. I am so envious of your sleeping porch! It would be my dream to have one! Your daybed looks so cozy. How fun it would be to sleep out there on warm summer nights, or nap out there on chilly rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! IKEA is wonderful, one just has to search out the gems :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, I just can't get enough of this room! Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Congratulations on your domain name! I hope the transition goes well!

      Delete
  7. It is so very beautiful! I'd love to nap there! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sleeping porch is beautiful. I love that day bed oh my adorable and comfy and cozy. Love it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. So cozy and beautiful. I also love the ceiling.

    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bente. The ceiling is original. They use to build ordinary homes with such character.

      Delete
  10. I love your day bed and all the beautiful linens you've used. I'm not much for taking naps but I've always wanted one to prop up during the day to have a cup of coffee and read. Pure luxury! I'm really enjoying seeing your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lavender Dreamer. Exactly. It's also going to be great for sleepovers, because there are two mattresses.

      Delete
  11. I love that little corner of the porch and the lonely star above the bed is my favourite part: full of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the wrought iron daybed! Love Ikea too. :) I need to stop by and check out their holiday decorations. Daybeds are so versatile... You will get a lot of use out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, this is where you would find me all day. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and so comfy! Would love a spot like this in my house :) Thanks so much for sharing on The Creative Home & Garden Hop! I can't wait to see what you share today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su