26 October 2013

A Halloween Party


























You now have learned enough to see
That Cats are much like you and me
And other people whom we find
Possessed of various types of mind.
For some are sane and some are mad
And some are good and some are bad
And some are better, some are worse —
But all may be described in verse.
T. S. ELIOT, "The Ad-dressing of Cats," Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats


Some poetry for children on Halloween 

The Raven Edgar Allen Poe
T.S. Elliot's  Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats or Songs from Cats

Menu

Curry Chicken Soup

Heat 2 cups of chicken broth
1 can of coconut milk
2 tbs of yellow curry powder  (He likes Penzy's)
2tbs of brown sugar
3 to 4 tbs of fish sauce
2 or 3 slices of onions halfed and separated into cresents
mini carrots 10 to 20 cut in half
2 baked potatoes cut into chunks with the skin peeled off

In separate pan
saute 3 cloves of minced garlic
and cook 2 chopped breasts of chicken

When the chicken is cooked add it to the soup mixture.
 If you want it thicker add cornstarch water mixture.
(If you like it warm add a little ground chipolte  or sricha to taste or just to your own bowl.)




Drunken Noodles

 half a bag of wide rice noodles
boil water and throw them in and cook for about ten minutes.  You want a little bite to the noodle, and then rinse the noodles in the colander with cold water to prevent them from sticking together.

saute minced garlic, a bunch of green onions, with extra firm tofu cut into chunks,

measure a quarter cup of fish sauce, quarter cup of soy sauce, quarter of cup of light soy sauce, add cornstarch water mixture if it needs to thicken and then
mix it altogether with the noodles.

(substitute gluten-free soy sauce for gluten-free)






Sea Salt Edaname

Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie





52 comments:

  1. Lovely eerie images, it looks like a great Halloween party! T.S.Eliot was a genius wasn't he!

    If you haven't already, do come celebrate Halloween with me at my 2 little parties:

    1. Feasting with the ghosts at:
    http://www.idlebakes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/halloween.html

    2. Dancing with the witches at:
    http://www.kikiandthegypsy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/all-hallows-eve.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Halloween post! Thank you for your comment on my Vintage Bird Etching post, I do have to have the matting custom cut so thank you for the tips! Enjoy your weekend.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I mentioned this before but I love the name of your blog. It just inspires happiness inside. Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. That's sweet of you to tell me.

      Delete
  4. Your pictures have a magical quality and I love that poem, so true, about cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first photo, and the poem, as I love cats!! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful party!! I'm so glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant Halloween Feast! Love the photos and the Practical Cats poem. I love cats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing!!! Love the cat photo and all the good eats!!! Happy Halloween.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great. When do I show up?! Wow that menu looks delicious. Can't wait to try them. What wonderful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy menu, a very elegant party for the discerning spook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW......what a beautiful party!! Now this is a Halloween party....such delicious food and one of a kind decorating! I think the "twinkle, twinkle little bat" sayin' is soooo cute! love it! Very UNIQUE! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sweet Vintage. My daughter loves it. It's from Alice in Wonderland.

      Delete
  12. So many Halloween decorations are garish. Your decor is seasonal yet lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic party!!! Love love love! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun Halloween party. Love the poem by TS Eliot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a lovely home and I love your chalk drawing. I wish my daughter was still into the Sweet fun Halloween, but she is almost 16 and likes to shock people. She loves to play around with makeup and special effects. I find the best way, to deal with her, is to encourage her creations (on herself) and on paper. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sharing your recipes? I couldn't find the soup on your blog. Thanks!!!

      Delete
    2. You are doing great encouraging her! That's exactly what I do when my daughter has a passion.

      I will, and I will let you know when I do. I have to get it from my spouse. I let him cook it, but he is now out of town. He makes it from scratch.

      Delete
    3. I added the recipe to this post, Katharine.

      Delete
  16. I love your decorating style; what an enchanting and magical party set up! And your menu is simply scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love the spooky feel. I never really get into Halloween but I do enjoy watching others decorate for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter likes to have a party, but she doesn't like it to be scary.

      Delete
  18. Oh I am happy I came to visit your special party.
    Yummo! Thanks for the wonderful words and images!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an enchanting party! I *heart* it. Thanks for posting the recipes. I want to try the drunken noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute! The recipe sounds great also! Enjoy Halloween!
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun party! Love you pics! I'm a cat lover, and that poem is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute post. Love you cat theme, my kitty is so jealous now! The dinner sounds delicious! Can I come?
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  23. The soup looks delish, will have to try that, love the cat and poem,
    thank you for stopping by,
    Happy Halloween also!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su