10 September 2013

Repaired Chandeliers






These are hung for now; they are out of the way, where they cannot be dropped.
These were 60 dollars each from a vintage shop, but it cost us about 60 dollars in repair because my spouse broke the part where the wires go into the bulb, so then we needed an Odz part.  We bought the wrong part, and had to go back.  That meant both needed to be replaced to match.  Some one kept over looking that these were a pair and had to match.
In the meantime one chandelier was dropped.  

The crystal replacements came quickly.  I think it took about a week or so and that was fast, because it arrived from Canada from Luce Crystal.  They are the same shape and length, but the drop at the bottom is a little bigger, but it's not that noticeable because several were replaced.






Repaired Chandeliers



We still have a lot of work to do in this room.  Painting, floors, baseboard, and so on.
 I am just not photographing the mess.


Feathered Nest Friday






25 comments:

  1. Oh they look absolutely gorgeous !!!
    So beautiful against the white boards !
    And still a deal I think - it's a match made in heaven for that space and that's priceless :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzan. You are correct that they were still a deal. I had priced new ones that plug in and the least expensive is about 180 for one and although pretty, it was too ornate for this space. I still have not figured out how I want to hang them, but I had to get them out of the way.

      Delete
  2. Loving your chandies. They do look the same. Really puts some glam in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad they could be fixed and parts replaced. They look lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too! Oh, I was upset when one was dropped, but so thankful for the internet!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Bernideen. XOX The woman had just hung them up in her shop when I said I'll take them.

      Delete
  5. oh wow they are so beautiful! I'm so glad the parts worked out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. Me too. So glad for the internet in these moments. XOX They still were a bargain. About two for the price of one new. I'm comparing the price to something more ornate; though the ornate, was too ornate for this space, yet t a hardware store one too plain and awkward for this space.

      Delete
  6. Those are just stunning!! What a find!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan - you won the coasters giveaway - where are you LOL
    http://suzyq-vintagous.blogspot.ca/2013/09/if-shoe-fits.html
    I need information to send it to you :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The room is looking gorgeous already--just love those chandeliers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chandeliers are gorgeous. They are perfect for the room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a trial! But totally worth it because they are gorgeous!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a lovely job on your chandies. They look so pretty with your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful....chandeliers are so graceful! Love, love the new look on the armoire.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely.
    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award from FieldsofBasil.blogspot.com, come by to share to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like your poor chandies have had the same disaster prone January we've had! they look lovely and love that chalkboard too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was something else!!! Did you write about it? I would love to here your story.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su