08 September 2013

Peek at the Painted Armoire

 It rained, so it was a little cooler that I started painting this armoire.


Here's a before.  It's quite large, but it looks much too large in a small home, especially with the weight of the wood, but it looks quite different now.


The finish reminds me of this piece below, but without the sheen, because I have not waxed yet. This painted piece came from EA some years ago.  



Here's a peek.  It is Annie Sloan's French Linen, and we slightly distressed it along the edges like my other EA pieces.


  I am in awe of this paint. This armoire is about 8 x5x2.5 feet, and each can covers 150 square feet. It took almost two quarts.  The finish looks professional even though I have not used the clear wax yet, and I think it was worth 36 dollars a quart.  
We still need to attach the hardware and lightly wax.



17 comments:

  1. Love it. I think I can order that paint online, right? I just love the softness. Beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can, Donna. There may even be a shop that carries it. I found it locally. There are shops that carry it in Quebec, but I don't know if any are near you. http://www.anniesloan.com/acatalog/Canadian_Stockists.html

      Delete
  2. Ah! So gorgeous! Sometimes light coloured furniture (other than birch...) is so hard to find! Doing yourself you've made it so much more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely beautiful! It would look great sitting in my new addition. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cranberry. We must have similar tastes.

      Delete
  4. Now my to do list will have to include painting my cabinet! yours looks so lovely. can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great job! It's perfect

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I loved the wood version but the paint makes it look so much more spectacular. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great. I've never tried ASCP before, but I've seen it on several blogs. Is the wax hard to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not waxed it yet. She was out of the clear wax and the clear has to be used before the dark wax. I was not going to use the dark wax, because it changes the color.

      It is hard to use, Ricki, when you live in a hot place, which you do. That's why my hesitation. It reconstitutes when it gets hot or warm and I would need to wipe it with a tee shirt. I bought this vintage table that had been OVER waxed and I have been wiping it off about every three days for a month now, and I'm finally getting some none sticky parts.

      THe paint is absolutely amazing and worth every penny if one has an expensive piece.

      I bought the soy product someone recommended to use as the alternative, but I tried it on a small piece, It looks fine, but I can't bring myself to put it on this piece, so I will wax with VERY little product.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su