19 September 2013

Painting the Sleeping Porch

Several months ago, we installed three sets of French doors; my husband installed two sets of doors himself except for the one going out to the sleeping porch, because it was in concrete.



A week or two ago, we payed someone to put our giant armoire back together again and then we painted it with Annie Sloan French Linen.  


 Now the armoire looks pretty on the porch.  Although I loved the wood finish, it looks better gray in this space.
This evening, my spouse removed all the stuff from the room, except for the monstrosity and the chandeliers which will remain hanging for their own safety.





We also painted this little armoire gray.  You can't tell from this photo, but it yellowed due to keeping it in the heat.

Now it is Annie Sloan French Linen.  I sanded it to show the white underneath.
That's our shop vacuum; it is really handy to clean up all the messes around here.
My husband is going to finish painting the doors and then he is going to wash the floor with TSP, paint it with SW Fawn Brindle concrete paint, and epoxy the floor.  The floors will look like the first photo.

We have come a long way.

We began with a rotted wall, a door, and four windows in various stages of disrepair.
In this photo he had already pulled off the rotted planks.



We put up new supports.


It stayed like this for months.

My husband worked on this for quite a few weekends.  
He insulated and planked it and finished the outside as well.

We hope to bring it to a state that we can live with and use in the cooler months.

It should be a great space for parties and other activities.

Mad Hatter Party




18 comments:

  1. What a fabulous space you created and I adore that armoire!! It looks so great in the grey.

    Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful home and I am sure this space will be just as lovely! It is a lot of work doing things like this. We did a few additions and renovations to our old house on Long Island so I remember the shop vac always hanging around. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. that will be such a great space for sure, not just for entertaiing. You will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan the beast turned into a real beauty - I'm in LOVE with the size of it - just gorgeous -
    AND I'm absolutely in love with your sleeping porch - this is going to be spectacular when it's done ( it already
    is in my mind )
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzan. You are so kind. I feel like I have cheerleader! XOXO I hope you have a wonderful weekend and find a home to love. XOXO

      Delete
  5. I love the functional spaces you create! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really coming together... especially when you see the picture of what it looked like before!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali. It's going so slow! We have been working on this for six months.

      Delete
  7. What a great space! And insulation is a must in your neck of the woods. I can't wait to see how y'all utilize the space for special occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a transformation! Your new space is gorgeous!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I am so glad to have found you. I cant wait for more time to sift through your blog. I am your newest follower through bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing transformation! I adore your armoire.

    I hope you have a week as beautiful as you are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su