24 September 2013

Painting the Concrete and a Sweet Package

Look what came in the mail!  These coasters are from Suzan XOX at Simply Vintageous.  
She is really sweet.  She shares her Montreal adventures and her painting techniques.
These pretty handmade coasters were crafted by Suzan
Hazelnut Deux. (I checked that.  This Suzan is in Pennslyvannia. ) The coasters will look so perfect on my porch when it is finished.  My spouse and I got engaged in Paris. 
Thank you to both Suzans!
Sue



Porch Progress 

Painting the Concrete


This past weekend, my spouse painted the concrete on the back porch.  He used concrete paint tinted Sherwin Williams Fawn Bridle.

First he washed the floor down really well and then he scraped it in some parts and then he waited for it to dry; these are important steps to prevent bubbles.  Next, he put two coats of concrete paint on; he allowed for each paint coat to dry before adding another.  He used a roller with a pole to avoid making lines.

He still has to put an epoxy on it, and he still has one set of French 
doors to paint as well.


I thought I would give you a sneak peek.
Here is a peek at some linens that were temporarily put out. In case you are wondering,
those are real roses from my spouse, which were a gift for my injured finger.
I'll spare you the gory details, but it's healing and it will be fine.




18 comments:

  1. LOVE! Everything!! Especially that chandelier and those lovely roses from your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the painted concrete. We did stained concrete in our basement, but it was a pain to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pain to paint, but with the epoxy it will clean up so easy.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your win! and everything is looking so beautiful!!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the painted concrete...LOVe the color too!! Your room is beautiful and coming together so nicely......what a SWEET hubby! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the idea of a sleeping porch makes me swoon. The whole space is going to be so lovely when it is completed. The introduction of linens really gets my imagination stirring Sue! Love it. Oh and the roses, how sweet. I just mentioned this to my partner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your ideas! Your page is gorgeous! I wanted to let you know I am your newest follower on GFC and I have nominated you to win the Liebster award... visit my blog at http://ourfeatherednest1.blogspot.com/ for more details. Congrats and happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shana. I am following you too! Thank you for the award. I will try to do it soon.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love your last photo.....how pretty!!! Are you getting excited about the sun porch? It's really coming along. You're going to enjoy that room so much this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The armoires . . . the slanted wood ceiling . . . the French doors . . . that is one great room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very exciting for you....the room is coming together just beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my, it's looking better each post! I hope your finger is better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su