09 September 2013

Armoire Done For Now

I tried to use the clear wax to wax the armoire today.  I used it really thinly because it is warm here.  It slightly darkens the finish, so I tried it on the two sides, and then decided I don't want to wax the front.


Here is the before.



So I took some photos and called it a day.  My daughter wanted to be in the photo, because she said her outfit coordinates with the armoire.


Painted Armoire With Annie Sloan French Linen






The hardware is back on and for now it is done.



Start at Home's Furniture Paint Party

and

A Stylish Interior





11 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic piece, I love the color. ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love the color it is beautiful. Your daughter is adorable too and she does match!!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your daughter! She's quite the fashionista and she's right, her outfit does go well with the armoire! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she loves putting together ensembles.

      Delete
  4. I love the look of your daughter and the armoire too of course, A family of artists.

    Hugs from Jerez

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your daughters look, so darn cute:) Oh and the Armoire is perfect too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. I love it too. She is a clever shopper.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful daughter! And the armoire is pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful! I agree with you, waxing changes the colour of the paint and I don't always like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su