06 July 2013

Sometimes the simplest refresher is to switch the sheets.


Best to Involve the Tween in Makeover

My tween has helped me make the wreaths, chalkboard, pin board, and has selected these linens and linens to come. 

These are some new sheets that my child selected for summer: black and white toile.
Lucky for us, we had white pillow shams.  The plant container is from Ikea too.  The Eiffel tower was really "made in France"! Either, I purchased it there years ago, or it is a duplicate from 
Paris in Las Vegas; that's how long I've kept it.



The sheets were inexpensive, but not quite as soft as they could be. 
But with some washings, that will be resolved. 


She displayed a cat print from IKEA that looks like a steam-punk Cheshire cat, some more black accessories, and added a black ribbon to her rabbit.
That's a doll house we built from a kit in front of her secretary.


It's "Alice", but a summer look for her book themed room.



This is the pin-board we made. We took down the pink gingham one for now.














14 comments:

  1. Perfect! It's Lovely and smart. Beautiful!

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty room...so nice when our kiddos help decorate their own spaces. So important! Looks like she's got her mama's decorating genes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She is totally into vintage and shabby chic. The corner cupboard hides all things tween; it actually can be kept open, but she thinks it is distracting.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! And it is so nice that your daughter has a part in decorating her room, as someone else has mentioned too. I recall that my father and I wallpapered my bedroom when I was 14, and I picked out the wallpaper. (A delicate blue print). Then, I painted all the doors and woodwork white. I was so proud of that room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet room! I love the sheets - she has great taste!!! Love everything, actually. It's so serene.

    Have a great day! I'm leaving town tomorrow morning & no social media for 7 days... I'm in withdrawal already!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so in to anything vintage or shabby chic. A few years back, she requested to a typewriter and that was her only request for Christmas.

      The corner cabinet top doors hide a display cabinet. She use to keep it open, but she says it distracts her. She has all kinds of things in there: awards, ribbons, collectibles, and another one of her Alice tea sets. So in that way it is a tween room.

      Delete
  5. It all looks so pretty, the toile is the perfect choice. Beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it looks so pretty and fresh. I love the toile sheets, gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that board. just the right blend of industrial and shabby. I'm checking out your tutorial on how to make it, along with looking at your back posts. you appear to be a kindred spirit. Thanks for leaving an opinion on my bar stools and linking me up with Crate and Barrel. r/sugar from Rivercrest Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rivercrest Cottage. Likewise. I linked up your blog in my side blog, so I can follow your projects.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful room. The blue is so cool in the middle of summer and I have such a soft spot for toile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for checking out my post and your sweet comment. I am a new follower of yours! Love your DIY projects!-aimee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su