11 July 2013

Homemade Rag Wreath

Homemade Rag Wreath


We made this wreath with:

2 1/2 yards of a white cotton-blend material at 2.99 a yard and a
12 inch diameter medium, 2.25 wreath form.

Wreath Form With Torn Rags 

We folded the cloth in half, tore the pieces of cloth into quarter inch widths that we cut to approximately eight inch lengths, and knotted them in twos to the wreath form.
It took about 8 hours to make.  
We probably could of made it less full with wider strips and it would of still been pretty.
We followed the tutorial at Down to Earth Style, but went larger and made it round.
It's for my daughter's room.   White is pretty all year round, but it would also be nice for Christmas in red and white, green, gold, or silver.






It's so pretty.  It looks like feathers, because the material is frayed and stringy from ripping.
One can see the finished room here and here.

Sharing with:


A Peek Into My Paradise

and

Commonground Be Inspired

and

Craftsalamode's What to do weekends?

and

French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday

and

Marty's A Stroll Thru Life's Inspire Me Tuesday

and


Rooted In Thyme










25 comments:

  1. Very nicely made. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so lovely! It looks professionally made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. It was easy to make, but time consuming. We thought it would take a couple of hours. :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful result! you are an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous - loving it in white - I did one in drop cloth sometime back - but I'm really loving the white!!!!!!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever is that? Also very stunning looking. Splendid idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Some red and green added would be so pretty for Christmas. On another note, B&B, have you ever considered entering your kitchen in Apartment Therapy's Small, Cool Kitchen Contest? I may just do that if we can hurry and finish up the grouting. The contest has just recently begun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linden, no, I had not heard about it. I'll have to check it out. Thank you. You definitely should try.

      Delete
  7. Your wreath turned out amazing. I had bought a wreath at Anthropologie a while ago and yours looks similar to it
    Nice job. You are amazing.

    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I'll pin this for future craft nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fluffy white wreath! I'll be back later for your tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wreath is lovely. It was really worth spending eight hours on it! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, it really does almost look like feathers. Beautiful. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really adore your rag wreath. I made one recently but I like yours better. I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. Your blog is always a visual delight, I must say. You do a very nice job!

    Hugs, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I featured your rag wreath this week on the new linky party. Thanks for the tute. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/07/what-to-do-weekends-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this!
    I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Tuesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.
    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! It's beautiful! Now a rag wreath I think I can handle. Unlike the coffee filter wreath I tried once and wound up burning my fingers pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. It's very easy. I have to look up the coffee wreath now... It sounds like something I would do... burn myself...

      Delete
  16. That is so cute it looks perfect on the cabinet.

    Lisa

    Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su