24 July 2013

Feather Garland

Feather Garland

How to Make a Feather Garland

  1. Party Decorations

We were shopping the vintage shops and my daughter saw a feather garland.
This is an easy and inexpensive child activity that cost us 4.00 and took just a few minutes.
There is still a lot of product leftover, and we probably could of used even thinner wire.

24 gauge and one package of white feathers



She just twisted the wire several times around the end of the feathers to hold the feather in place.

Once it was done, she thought it looked like the remains of a bird.  It did not look like that in the store.  So she hung it over her chalkboard and changed the quote.

The garland might be festive on a Christmas tree.  
It would be creepy in black feathers for a Halloween party.
Or maybe a rainbow feathers for a birthday party...

Ok...  I'm slow here...  It was just pointed out to me that she wrote dark, but made it look like duck.  LOL
She loves puns.  Duck and duck make sense. 

6 comments:

  1. LOL, I have to show this to my friend she has a fear of feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, my daughter said she can understand why.

      Delete
  2. I never thought about creating your own boa. I like the idea for Halloween- and the craft stores actually are beginning to have Halloween things available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love feather, I like the idea of using black feathers for Hallowe'en.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be really creepy, Magali, with black feathers. My daughter wanted to try it wrapped around a chandelier and it looked like birds had flown into it. So black would definitely work for Halloween.

      Delete
  4. So pretty and it looks so simple to make! I love how you suggested customizing it for any occasion by changing the color scheme. :)

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su