26 July 2013

Bow Wreath

How to Make a Bow Wreath

It's Easy

I thought to try this while working on the last wreath.  It is less labor intensive, but the result is still pretty.

I started with a 12 inch diameter wreath form and 3 yards of cloth like the last wreath, however I used no more than two yards.

I ripped the cloth into 21 inch by one inch plus size strips.  There are five sections and each section had 27 bows.  I'm not exact in measuring the width of the cloth, and I remove the loose strings off each piece of cloth to create a nice edge.

I tied the strips of cloth in bows to the wreath frame one at a time three bows per line: first two rows, middle two rows, and then two inside rows.  It looks like it is on a diagonal if one turns the frame over.  I fluff it out by shaking it and moving the ribbons as I go.

This wreath only took about three hours.  This one looks like ruffles when it is done, rather than feathers.  

It's Inexpensive

This one cost less than eight dollars of materials.










I was going to tie a ribbon on this one, but realized I no longer had ribbon with a musical staff when I went through the box of materials.

These wreaths looked really pretty at our Mad Hatter Tea.


Updated: I also have an announcement.  I found out on 7/27/2013 that my kitchen
was selected for the small cool kitchens' contest.

If you feel inclined, check out my kitchen on Apartment Therapy:

Small Cool Kitchens.  

One can vote for his or her favorite once one signs up.  It's a super simple process unlike some blogs.  The competition is very good... there are blog friends too.



HERE: The Kitchen Susan's Country Glam Kitchen

I designed it and my spouse and I did almost all the work ourselves.









17 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Great job :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, it turned out fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fluffy, sweet wreath. The white is so fresh and summery. I might like to try it, but might just have to go with my signature pink. I love those whites and light pastels, but pink seems to always be what I end up with. Either way, what a great way to make a lovely decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to make it other colors too; pink sounds lovely!

      Delete
  4. awww so pretty and I love the star hanging with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so cute - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of this wreath. I remember making one years ago with strips of muslin. I think I might need to make one again.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how simple it looks to make. It really is a beautiful wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet! I am your newest follower~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wreath is really cute and so many versions oculd be made, though the white one is very elegant. I just voted for your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali.

      I think the wreath would be really nice in a toile or in ribbons of various colors. There are so many pretty fabrics available We did white because my daughter made a pair to the feathered one and the pair ended up on the porch, so she wanted another white one for her room.

      Delete
  10. This is a watch a movie while crafting kind of craft. It turned out really cute! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I listened to music on the radio while I worked.

      Delete
  11. I love this wreath, it looks like feathers. Such a great idea. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wreath is super cute! Love all white and natural colored wreaths because you switch them from room to room and they will always match! :)

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea and can imagine how pretty they could be with different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su