02 June 2013

How to, or Not To Paint French Doors



How to, or Not To Paint French Doors

Since Thursday or Friday we have been painting the French doors. We only have one and a half of a door painted and one of those doors needs to be repainted.

We started with tape, blue and green, but that pulled the paint off.

Next we used a small paint brush, but it was getting on the glass and not covering the white primer already on the door.

So then we used a regular foam roller on the door part and a brush on the muntins, and it got on the glass, but we didn't care.  We were going to scrape the paint off with a razor blade tool.  Ummm  That took the paint off. 

So we started the next door.  This time we removed the muntins or grilles  on one side, not both.  One side of the door might be glued and it was 108 and we didn't want it to fall out.  The paint started drying on the paint brush, but painting was much easier.

So we went back to the first door and removed the muntin or grille and started repainting.

The doors now look like they have always been here.  Do you get the picture?  There is no picture. We are still working on it.  This is one of those projects, that if I had the money, I would pay someone to do it for me.



My Daughter's Project

This is the time of year for recitals, and tradition is to give female performers flowers for their performance.

So I went to pick some flowers.  

I'll be honest; I love flowers, but I don't like spending money on them, because other things need money.  Flowers grow in our yard, but most of them are of the small desert type.  So I had to go to the store and I found these green, spider mums.  
Her great grandfather use to grow mums for show, and I liked them as soon as I saw them.
I thought they were exotic looking; they were green and one of her dances was an Irish piece; they were reasonably priced.
I'm not sure she liked them, but she figured out to display them with her collected, lemonade bottles and then she took photos with her i-pad.  (It takes better photos than my camera!)
She is proud of her arrangement and her lemonade bottle vases.

So here are some of her photos with permission.




Come to think of it, they look like ballerinas in tutus.

Sharing with:

Marty's A Stroll Thru Life Inspire Me Tuesday 












9 comments:

  1. I'll bet they look fantastic! I've had those days myself, a few too many even... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is humor in it. We will really appreciate the work when it is done. I left off the part where we peeled the paint off in some sections.

      Delete
  2. I like how she arranged her flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I should say that I did not want her to keep bottles, but put them in recycling, because of space. But I am now convinced that they should stay.

      Delete
  3. Hopped over from the bloghop at HouseHoneys. You've got great style! I've added you to my bloglovin'. Looking forward to more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is really talented. I began paiting the windows at the cottage - this is my summer project - and it can be tricky. I've used both methods: with and without tape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a talented daughter! I am new from southern charm. I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully follow me back. Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su