03 June 2013

Handmade Gilded Toys




These are my daughter's hand-painted toys made with leftover posts from rebuilding the wall of the sleeping porch. My husband trimmed each piece; I sanded each one until the edges were rounded to prevent splinters; my daughter painted them.

She saw the idea on a pin board, those were pretty pastels, but decorations.  These are toys.

I love her store.  That's the one with the wedding gown and the chandelier in the window.  She made a chalkboard on it so she could change the signs and announce sales with chalk.

The church is darling.  That's the one on the end with the round window.

Then there is the beach house.  That's the one she is pictured painting.

She thought to make each side different so she can rotate them like a theater and make different themes.  She has a street theme, a park theme, a house theme, and a nature theme.

The street theme involves a store, a candy shop, an ice cream shop, a bakery, and a church.

For the roofs and doors she used gold, copper, bronze, silver, zinc, and metallic paints purchased at Michael's.  The black is done with a drawing paint stick.  It took some catching on. The colors of the buildings are leftover wall paint and outdoor paint.

She uses her Pet Shops and Little Ponies when she plays with them.  They are so pretty that they look like decor anywhere she places them. I think she has painted about ten of them so far.

Sharing with her permission at:











16 comments:

  1. How creative! Those are sweet little buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE them! She did a beautiful job - I like the Church too!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! It's been the place of many weddings. If she turns that one sideways there is gazebo for an outdoor one.

      Delete
  3. Oh I miss those experiences with my daughter... they grow up so fast..cliché, I know but it is so true. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone is clearly the mothers daughter here - the creative gene is running strong ! Clever idea and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable project! It must be wonderful to have a daughter. I have 3 boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so darling! That's awesome that you let your daughter express her creative side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She gets covered in paint from head to toe. I think it is hard to see in the photo. It's important to always have a space to create and make a mess.

      Delete
  7. Boy! We're going to be in trouble when your daughter grows up. All our little diy creations are going to look dull next to hers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su