05 June 2013

Chicken Salad My Version


This is my version of an Asian chicken salad.  

I purchased a roasted chicken from the grocery store.   We try to remember to purchase it the night before closing, because it is marked down.  I think this is our third meal.  Eventually, we will make chicken broth and enchiladas when my spouse cooks it down.  
Frequently there is only my daughter and I at home, because my spouse travels.

A few ounces of chicken breast chopped.

A tablespoon of chopped fresh basil and and a tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro. 
( This time I saved these from the Vietnamese take-out I purchased the other day.)

A tablespoon of almond slivers.

A tablespoon of finely, chopped onion.

Almost a tablespoon of olive mayonaise.

A squirt of lime. ( I had this too.)  A dash of lime juice would work too.

I mixed the ingredients.  It tastes good on a crunchy bread.  
My daughter had gluten-free bread, but she preferred it plain.

 I could substitute a little fish sauce instead of mayo and that would be good too.

It was enough for two.



6 comments:

  1. That sounds really yummy, I am going to have to give this a try.

    Lisa

    Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it! I have chicken, onions, almonds, lemon (may I use it? I have no lime), mayonnaise. I'm going to cook it!

    Thanks

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can do it without the lime, but if you try it with lemon let me know how it is. At Christmas I will have lots of lemons from my lemon tree.

      Delete
  3. I bet the addition of almonds and lime and using olive oil mayo tasted delicious!!! :)

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! Love the twist of lime. Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just getting tired of my usual chicken salad... This is perfect for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su