11 June 2013

Carport Hallway Organization

We worked on a small project yesterday.

Hallway Organization

I like things organized, because we are always running to lessons: music, dance, singing and so on.  And there are separate bags for each, because it is easier to return a book to the proper bag than have to search for it before one leaves. Everyone has a different way to accomplish this,
but do you know what I mean?

 We rehung the large chalkboard in the newly, painted hallway of the carport.  A large chalkboard can be a message board or reminder board.

Next, beneath it, we moved a several year-old, six foot IKEA cabinet.
The cabinet has lots of storage that we can use for either shoes or bags or files.

Last, we installed a couple of hooks.  I hung them out of the cats' reach.


This is how it looks from the potting shed.
That's the back of the original wall of the sleeping porch.



One Direction

Opposite Direction

I had both the chalkboard and the console.
They were on the sleeping porch, but we were not using them there.

The passageway is not quite done; there is still painting to finish, building a gate, and eventually more lighting on the plan.

I like for things to have place, but I must admit that this house has a vacuum for an empty space!
But most people I know have a similar issue; regardless of home size, we can accumulate.



Sharing with:

DIY blog Classy Clutter

and

Bernideen's Open House

and

A Stroll Thru Life's Inspire Me Tuesday

Thank you, for visiting!





12 comments:

  1. The maths on that blackboard makes my brain freeze :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great idea and I am sure if you have children they will love it, and if you don't any that visit will be
    happy to take up residence on your carport/sleep porch. Want be any sleeping going on tho, I'd bet! lol

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooks out of the cats' reach! Such a great idea. Isn't it funny how we decorate our houses with them in mind? I love that even your bags are blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali. I had room for lower hooks too, but kitties are so curious and mischievous. The kitties like this area and the rooms off it. Yesterday my husband set down an artificial ice pack that was for my daughter's lunch pak. He went to retrieve it and they were laying beside it getting cooled. SO we went to the store and bought two new ones and froze them last night. They can have them tomorrow in the afternoon.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and the bags are my daughter's. Alice blue.

      Delete
  4. However, the spokesperson further clarified that the Galaxy
    S4 in the UK will be available with a 1. Both the displays are
    easily among the best, with the i - Phone 4 marginally leading the
    way in terms of display quality and the Galaxy S winning the size battle.

    The Samsung Galaxy S3 is, to begin with a LTE network compatible
    smartphone handset that is capable of handling speeds in the
    range of 30 to 60 mega bytes per second.

    My page :: samsung s4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a bright & functional space :-) Love the colourful bags hanging on the hooks :-)

    It's fun to get small projects done - nothing like being able to cross items off your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that chalkboard-oh my! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done a great job of putting things where they work well! Very organized and effective and I am so glad you shared at Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had a space for a great big chalkboard. We have a clock with a chalkboard and we constantly use it for reminders, but it is tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that chalkboard. Now I need to start searching for one :)
    - Lora @ Craftivity Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very crafty! I've never thought of the possibilities a multi-functional carport before. I just consulted with a professional about some carport designs I was considering to add to my home. Now I have more options to consider with the additional space. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su