14 May 2013

Summer Temperatures are Here

It's summer here, whether the calendar says it or not.
And when it is hot, a salad is refreshing.
My daughter made this salad with romaine lettuce, strawberries, and almond slivers.
The dressing had little calories because it was just 
apple cider vinegar and with some Stevia to sweeten.
She had her own favorite bottled dressing.




And if one can't see the ocean why not display a favorite painting on an easel,
or plant some ornamental grass and surround it with beach rock.




Some of the grasses have grown quite large since we planted them last fall.

We can sit on the porch and watch them sway





in our rebuilt Adirondacks, while




sipping some limeade we made....


14 comments:

  1. Please pass the salad and the lemonade! Wonderful to have such a lovely porch to enjoy! So glad you linked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tough life you have there! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 7 p.m. and 100 degrees. The rest of the year we have it easy!

      Delete
  3. Ok, I want to join you, everything looks totally like the beach. So pretty and your pictures are amazing. Thanks so much for joining Inspie Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, What a salad! What a place! What a porch!

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks SO inviting! You know there's a danger that every on of your blog followers will show up on your doorstep. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am leaving for Amelia Island tomorrow and these pictures are getting me excited. Everything looks beautiful and refreshing. You have a lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blue and white porch ceiling. It's so refreshing and it looks as you need it! In my part of the world, it's 45°F this morning at 6 am and I'm desperate for some warmer days. Even in Brittany it's unusual to have such cold temperature in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't think you could tolerate the temperature here, Magali. My limit for heat is 104 and we reached that already. So for now, until September, unless its raining, or we visit the pool, we will avoid the outdoors except for late evening or very early morning.

      I hope you see some warmer days too, but not too warm!

      Delete
  8. Oh, I could just spend the day! Such a sweet and serene spot!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday! Hope you'll hop over to join this weeks party...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su