15 May 2013

Dining Kitchen Armorie

We are slowly working on the sleeping porch.

But I don't think I ever showed you my armoire and how I use it.

Kitchen Armoire

So today, this is the armoire one can view from my kitchen and it's in the dining room, which is open to the kitchen.
Armoires are a beautiful way to create storage in a small kitchen.
Don't you think?  So many people are getting rid of them today, because they use to put a television in them, but they are great for extra storage in a small bedroom or any place one needs storage.  
An armoire could even be a mini-library or office.  So if you see one on the curb or used for a hundred pick it up, some of them use to cost 1000s.

I think this armoire might be my favorite piece of furniture, because I love 
its hand-painted finish, its lines, its color, its detail, etcetera.
The doors also look like butterfly wings, and
I can remember when my daughter was not as tall as the pulls that she use to pose in front of it.

I love this too: a rusted, handmade, wire star.



It works nicely with my table.
My daughter gave me these stunning, white plates for Mother's Day, and they came from Target. I placed them next to my current angel arrangement.  
I admire the plates' irregular shape and finish.




The baskets above have storage. I dusted and organized the armoire, so let's open the doors.




I store crystal and IKEA glassware beside each other.
These candlesticks are 50 cents each at IKEA, and they hold three types of candles: votives, tapers, and pillars.  My daughter gave me these for Christmas a couple of years ago.
 Can you figure out how they hold candles?




There are six large drawers for linens or dishes.
Fancy and every day together...
I never completed my crystal stemware.  Once I had a few, I only enjoyed looking at them.  So, I have two or three of kind, but not four of a kind.
I like things that way.  I like imperfect beauty.
Its easy to understand why I enjoy fixing an old cottage.



Sharing with:


Rooted In Thyme



Lavender Garden Cottage's Cottage Style Party

and

Le Chateau Des Fleurs: Monday's Link Party

and

French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday

and

Green Willow's What We Accomplished


And those IKEA candlesticks are now 50 cents.
They hold pillars, tapers, and votives; just tip them over.






16 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!!!
    I have those .50 ikea candle holders too lol - I tried to get more this year but they were sold out
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous kitchen...the island, that sink and oh yes, that armoire! I love it! Love your angels. So many pretties!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful armoire! I have two of them for kitchen pantries. LOVE em!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your armoire is beautiful, and so is your kitchen. And how lucky are you to have a sleeping porch. I'm a Southerner, so I know about those things. Are you in the South? And thank you for your visit.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie and Linda. In the southwest, in the older homes, before there was central air conditioning, there was a back porch for sleeping. I guess they built them for the same reason as the South. Too hot in the house at night! Yesterday, I had the AC off in the day, and when I arrived home it was 82 degrees inside the house.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful armoire, beautiful home! Took a tour of your blog, love the kitchen renos! Awesome blog. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful armoire and what a great idea to put it in the kitchen. It would give lots of extra storage space for treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that a Santos doll I see in your cabinet? Your home is lovely, as is your blog. We are joining you. We would love it if you would join us. Have a beautiful day!

    Peace,
    Linda (and Jeannie) at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I collect them. I've handmade wooden ones too.

      Delete
  9. Amei conhecer o seu blog e achei maravilhoso. Me visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your armoire is lovely... It makes quite a statement when seen from your porch door.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays!

    Take Care,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su