23 April 2013

Potting Shed Progress Part 4

Potting Shed


It's getting too hot to work outside in the afternoon, since the temperatures are in the mid- nineties, but I did manage to whittle down a lot of the boxes before quitting.  It seems now that I have the mess mostly divided into two categories: papers and toys.  
Thank goodness my spouse will take care of the tools!  Sometimes I am plagued by indecision as to what to toss.  I had involved my daughter, but that just resulted in toys being played with or papers being examined.

I worked in the morning, and then tried to work in the late, late afternoon, but the mosquitoes were out.  I am definitely going to get a mosquito zapper this year!

We did manage to finish trimming the cabinets, and 
we put the knobs on with a drill and a jig.  
Here's a peek at the knobs.
These are ceramic knobs from Cost Plus World Market.  Some of their knobs look a lot like Anthropologie's, but a bit more unrefined in finish.  Seven knobs only cost me fourteen dollars, so they are inexpensive in comparison to Anthropologie's.  But it was really hard to decide because there are so many interesting designs.  I ended up selecting these ceramic ones, because they pick up the wood stain.  There are so many different kinds it makes me want to create a project!
I have two obsessions passions: bowls and pillows, I don't want to add knobs to the mix.
Do you have a favorite item that you seem to collect too many of or something you avoid looking at when shopping?




9 comments:

  1. Really beautiful result! Waiting for more!

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous knobs!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, too many things - towels, sheets, power tools, plants, dishes, anything in a clearance bin or at a yard sale and so much more lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lot of things! I forgot that we love books, but the i-pad and kindle has helped us out in the past year.

      Delete
  3. Those are so cute and different! I think if I had the opportunity, I would probably look at too many chicken items (like my rooster)- and books - and maps - all things that are hard to ignore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter loves roosters too! They are cute!

      Delete
  4. Your knobs look great! I collect too many things to mention-lol! My newest addiction is things with cows (pictures, creamers, etc.) Once I decide I like something, it seems like I see it everywhere I shop :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have an eye for beautiful collections.

      Delete
  5. Those door knobs are amazing, I love how the vivid colours play with the wood tones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su