23 April 2013

Potting Shed Progress Part 3

 Another Small, but Valuable Space

We are making progress on the potting shed!
1.  We painted the ceiling.
2.  We hung the Easy Track shelving that we already had.
3.  We realized that we need to order a new window, because the glass is separating from its frame.

Above is the completed ceiling.  I did it a little different than the striped front porch ceiling. This time, I decided to paint the beams white and the ceiling blue.  It's cute and happy too!


Above is the Easy Track shelving.  It is sturdy, and it is made by Elfa and sold at the Container Store.  I already had it; it is storage that one can take with a move, because it hangs from a track on the studs with just a few screws; just disassemble and patch the holes. It is made of metal, and it is higher quality than another shelving system I have. Even though it is nearly twice as expensive, it is definitely worth it.  I can't show you the photos of what I am comparing it to yet, but there is a difference in quality and strength.  It is definitely worth the investment if one has a slightly bigger budget for organization.

My family is really helped by order, especially now that we have a smaller home. It would be so much worse around here if we didn't try!  Do you have a favorite method of organizing?  Things can get so chaotic around here that I have to empty a room to begin.

And if you missed my post a couple of weeks ago on designing a small kitchen, it's at Donna's.


Sharing with:


9 comments:

  1. How lucky to have a " proper " potting shed!!!
    Can't wait to see this progress :)
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some old homes can have such quirky spaces.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful and hard work! I love it

    Hugs from Jerez

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marina. You are right about the ceiling! Tricky.

      Delete
  3. This sounds wonderful! How great to have an actual potting shed. Still think your kitchen is one of the most beautiful small kitchens I've seen. I priced the refrigerators...will be saving my pennies...for a long time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie. I am touched. I empathize with the need to save! My daughter was so frustrated, because it took us a year to get enough to start and finish the kitchen. She has a hard time understanding that it is better to pay cash, but hopefully by the time she grows up, we will have taught her well. A.J. Madison had the best price. I'm happy with it. The freezer space is the traditional small size, but the refrigerator has more space than I realized! When my large, side by side goes, I'm just going to invest in a freezer.

      Delete
  4. How awesome...a potting shed! Someday I am going to build one myself. It already looks beautiful...love the blue ceiling! Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ceiling is beautiful. Blue and white are perfect colours to remind us of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue ceilings that the white beams really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su