14 April 2013

Potting Shed Part 2

Have you realized that when you clean out a space it creates a vacuum?  That's the idea here.  In order to procede with the Sleeping Porch renovation, we need to tackle this.

Most of the stuff removed were: tools, toys, school supplies, and garden tools.  Fortunately, all the cupboards were empty and a lot of it is in plastic bins that can fit in the cupboards!  Some of it will be given to Salvation Army.

We are going to paint the ceilings, walls and floors in that order, but not the cabinets.  These cabinets were part of a set that fit an obsolete television; they are made of wood and have a beautiful finish. This room has ventilation and is not completely closed to the elements. White shows dirt, and the dirt and sand just blow around here, so I am going to leave the cabinets as is and paint the walls and floors.

This project is inexpensive: new overhead wood shelves, paint, and knobs.  Most everything is salvaged or lying around here, including some stainless, wire shelving that we found the missing bracket for assembly!  I estimate it will cost about 100 dollars. We have at least six colors of paints to choose from, so all we need is wood for new shelves.  I even have a piece of pretty stone leftover from a pool surround that I am going to use for the piece of missing counter.

We have to tear out the shelves next.


That window goes to my spouse's office, which is in the future plans.  The window is just covered in tape; maybe I don't have to tape to paint it.

Marty's A Stroll Thru Life Inspire




9 comments:

  1. Holy crap you cleaned that out fast!!! Way to go! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, excuse me while I FALL IN LUV with your ceiling here. AWESOME !!
    This is going to be such a delightful room....
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a great space. Isn't it great to get rid of stuff and declutter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The space is amazing, so much potential! I know you'll create a gorgeous shed. Since you're so good at emptying messy rooms, maybe you should head to my cottage when you're done with your shed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would if I could! ;) I'd love to travel to that part of France. I've only been to Paris and its environs. Magali, if an area is really messy, I usually empty it, because it does overwhelm as you describe.

      Delete
  5. Wow! What an exciting project! Can't wait to see more :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be a fabulous space, I can't wait to see more. Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su