16 April 2013

Fountain

Portable Fountain

Every cottage needs a fountain.

My spouse hooked up our old fountain today.  The aloe was already growing here, in fact in was doing fine under the debris pile that we hauled away.  It looks greener than the section that was exposed to the sun.

And we set up our table.  It is a neutral desert color that went with our previous landscape, but it is still in great condition.  This is one of the side yards.  Actually these are clever pictures, and the yard looks much prettier than it is.

In the distance is a chiminea.  I prefer these to fire pits. 
Fire pits are EXTREMELY dangerous.  Safety needs to be practiced around them.  
The two manmade hazards in AZ backyards are pools and fire pits.  
Natural hazards are scorpions, black widows, bobcats, mountain lions, and rattlesnakes.
(We had several bobcats and a mountain lion in our old neighborhood.)
Coyotes, owls, and hawks are dangerous to cats and small dogs.
We don't have a rattlesnake problem in the city, unlike when we lived in the desert. 

Ideally a fireplace would be nice, I designed a beautiful one for my previous home, though I made the error of not making it gas.  There are lots of no burn days.  Desert autumn and winter nights are mostly bug free and just the right temp to sit outside by a fire.  (Summers are not!  Mosquitoes are in the city.)

Do you have backyard hazards?

My sister-in law has the danger of alligators.  That seems worse.

14 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have a fountain- I love the sound of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed! Enjoy lovely days in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the look of that fountain. I may attempt to put one in our backyard once I get to that stage. I bet it is just as lovely as it looks Sue.
    Oh and btw, love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. It's portable; I moved it from our former home. I just plug it in to an outdoor outlet and fill it with a hose.

      Delete
  4. I have an aloe (indoors, in my bedroom), but it's not looking so good. The fountain must add such a nice little sound to your garden. I love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a good size portable one; I had it in the courtyard in my former home. I plug it in to an outdoor outlet, and fill it with a hose. It's a good size so it does have a nice sound.

      Delete
  5. So pretty - I'm with everyone else, I love the sound of water in a garden -
    And LOVE your new header
    Hugs,
    Suzan
    p.s.
    pretty clever to take clever photos lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fountain is just gorgeous. It must be so relaxing.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fountain looks nice with the aloe plants in the foreground. I enjoy the sound of a fountain even a small one like the one I had before it went bad. I should replace it this season. I'm sure the trickle of water makes your time outdoors pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoah this weblog is fantastic i love studying your articles.
    Stay up the good work! You already know, a lot of individuals are searching round for this information, you could help them
    greatly.

    my homepage - ral.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su