21 April 2013

Cosanti

 My daughter took these photos at Cosanti, Paolo Soleri's arcology. The temperature was in the 90s, but it was cool in these open rooms.  In today's lingo his architecture is organic with an industrial vibe, with passive solar heating and cooling, but this home and studio, now an Arizona historic landmark, was built during the 1950s.  Now it is sort of famous for its wind chimes.



It's beautiful, don't you think?  I like the patina and texture that touches everything.


She took many photos of the place indoors and out and I'll post more of them in the future.




Sharing with:

Marty's Stroll Thru Life's Inspire Me

5 comments:

  1. How cool! (bad pun) We should have kept up the ancient ways...

    Thanks for your sweet comment! What a nice thing to say about your home, I'd love a beach vibe but I've got more of a eclectic, cottage, vintage je ne sais quoi thing going on, with the accent on the je ne sais quoi lol!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we are all hot here and dreaming of a beach:) Definitely... There are other older construction methods here that made homes cooler. Unfortunately in the 80s people came here from California and elsewhere and started building neighborhoods of large two story homes, which are impractical.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to add... due to cooling a home, a large one story home is better. The second floor heats up,, and the temperature differential, even with zones, is incredible. I've never owned one because I grew up here and knew better. But I know people who have, and they have to shut off the AC, because their bill is over 500 dollars a month for four or five months of the year. We have heat, but we don't really need to run it, except for a few nights a year, and perhaps an hour in the morning during the cooler months of December, January, and part of February.

      Delete
  2. What a tease! I want to see it all - lol!! It does look cool and I live in Georgia, so I can appreciate something cool! Many thanks to you and your daughter for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is totally amazing. I love the pictures, what a special place. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su