29 March 2013

Thank You





Thank you, Whisperwood and
Cottage and Bungalow Magazine.
I'm ecstatic to be one of fourteen finalists for Cottage and Bungalow magazine's first project of the year at Whisperwood Cottage.  


The entry choices and fourteen finalists were amazing!  I didn't win, but
congratulations to all and the six winners.

I entered the kitchen cabinets we fabricated from IKEA islands and the shelves we built.  That side of the kitchen is complete now, as well as the kitchen.  All the baskets are from Pottery Barn, and I use the one on top of the SMEG for linens.

We did all the design and work ourselves on this side of the kitchen even the bead-board planks and refinishing the cement floor.



This side I finished after the contest.  I did all the design, but I had someone install the cabinets and granite.  My spouse installed the sink with the granite guy, including hitting the edges with a hammer (scary, no damage, but it worked) and he hooked up the faucet.
 




Show and Tell Friday

22 comments:

  1. Usually I don't learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite great article.

    My page architects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a finalist! Your lovely kitchen deserved to be in the running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being a finalist! I love your kitchen - you and your husband did a great job! The Smeg fridge is pretty fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and well done! You did a super job, it's well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you so deserved to win with this kitchen!! Thanks for popping over & leaving such a sweet comment.

    Have a happy Easter!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne.

      Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  6. You really deserved to be among the finalist. Your kitchen is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so thrilled for you, your kitchen is so wonderful, I definitely think you should win. Thanks for your gracious comment and I do hope you and your family have a very Blessed and Happy Easter. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did in your kitchen. It's beautiful!! And congratulations on being a finalist. That's quite an honor! I think you should have been one of the winners.:-)
    Happy Easter,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. So well deserved! Your kitchen is the cutest I have seen in a long time!

    Today I am rejoicing that the tomb was empty. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being a finalist!! Your kitchen is a huge accomplishment, you totally deserve it. Happy Easter!

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitchen is fantastic. I love what you have done to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are SO deserving of this - your kitchen is just gorgeous!
    Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful kitchen! I love it!


    Marina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su