25 March 2013

Dining Room Chairs

I'm working on sharing the start of the second stage of the home renovation and remodel, which will involve just as much work as the first year, maybe more, but it involves the exterior, and I also have a few more things to share about the completed kitchen remodel, but
in the meantime I will show the dining room chairs. 

I enjoy mixing chairs. 
I have three different kinds: 
a French chair, some British colonial pineapple chairs that were mixed with the French country when I purchased them many years ago, and a Bergere chair. 


Everything does not need to match, so
I am forever arranging chairs or changing the size of the table.

Wicker looks nice mixed in too, but I gave the set to Goodwill, because I did not have room.
I think when I use the pineapple chairs it gives the table a simpler look.

Today



But when it is arranged with just French chairs, it looks a bit more formal.




At Christmas on finished floor...

Overall, I like flexibility and a collected look.
Given the cost of today's furniture and a busy lifestyle,
I love to see a mix of chairs around tables.
I've always had a an eye for chairs.
I love to look around in the vintage shop, because there are so many great chairs ready for paint or covering that don't cost that much.
I'm off to color eggs with my daughter.


20 comments:

  1. Your chairs are all lovely, no matter which ones you use around your table.
    Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I'm a new follower.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, love it all! I really love your chandelier as well. What is the story behind that piece? The whole room looks fabulous as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful way of bringing things together - that bergere chairs looks gorgeous mixed up with that really special Pineapple chair!
    And I love your chandelier - talk about industrial chic at it's best!
    Beautiful dining room!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you mix your so nice chairs. Love also when things are mix matched !
    so please to be one your newest French follower.
    xoxo from PARIS
    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your chairs. I really like the way you mix them up. Looks fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen a chair like your pineapple chair - I love it! The mix & match look works well in your dining room - it creates a sort of casual European vibe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pineapple chairs are really something you don't see every day. I love how you mix your chairs to change the look of your beautiful dining-room. I have matching chairs but in a corner of my mind is the idea to paint them different colours... Your cupboard in you dining-room is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love different colored painted chairs around a table!

      Delete
  9. Fabulous chairs, you're right, you do have an eye for them! Think my favourite is the French, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I never thought of mixing chairs before.
    That pineapple chair is one of a kind, don't you think?
    Thanks for this brilliant idea.
    Will try to mix chairs from now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this post
    and the rest of the site is extremely good.

    my web page :: cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quality posts is the key to be a focus for the users to visit the site, that's what this web site is providing.

    Also visit my site ... recruitment Africa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su