01 March 2013

Curtained Closet

Curtained Closet

Use a curtain to make or close a closet...

Yesterday, I explained this was my favorite accent color.

This is one of those hanging closet systems that hangs on a metal track.  It's easy to install, and can be removed and rehung somewhere else.  The drawers have to be assembled.  I already had this and moved it to this spot.

To make the curtain for the closet,
I used Ikea's thirty-one inch Fintorp  rod, normally used to hang their metal baskets, to hang my Ikea curtains.  I attached the rod to the ceiling instead of the wall because I like the look of curtains hanging from the ceiling, and I like the look of the bracket.  The bracket looks expensive unlike many curtain rods.  (The only issue that I foresee with this application would be a limit to an opening of 31 inches (not an issue here because the old closets in this home are really narrow);  I experimented with the connectors that it came with and extra rods; it does not build  a strong enough rod unless a bracket is placed in a place that would impede movement of the curtain.  That may not be an issue if one wants a stop on a decorative curtain versus functional.)

The pair of curtains was 49 dollars and the rod was 7 dollars.
These are velvet privacy or blackout curtains with the grommets already attached.
This is the lowest ceiling in the house, so I had to hem the curtains.

An electrician installed an outlet in there for charging phones.


Sharing with:







13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this idea and the closet is super organized. I would love it if you would share this beautiful post at our WIW Linky Party. It is still open. I hope you can join us!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a curtain hiding a closet and it took me forever to hem! I love the colour of the curtain you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It is hemmed with pins. I bought the thread and needle and instead of going across I am making strategic stitches that will give me some pockets on the bottom for a piece of paper I need to take with me or something light weight. I didn't want to cut and hem because the material was heavy and good quality.

      Now that's the second time you figured something out, though I forgot what the other one was. Your observational skills must come in handy as a teacher. Love it!!!

      LOL.

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful and I love th color! Thanks for saying hi. Have a super week end!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so pretty and organized!! Great job!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. Have a fun weekend!

      Delete
  5. Love your closet, neutral color, well organized and so much storage space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue as an accent. In my kitchen I always find a spot for a little hit of blue. Curtains to me are the easiest and prettiest way of hiding the unsightly. Lovely yet practical. In small spaces, that is key.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did here. The curtains came out great! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! You've just inspired me to figure out what to do with some shelving space on our main floor. Please share it on a terrific linky – Design Décor Tuesday. www.designdecortuesday.blogspot.com. See you there! ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su