28 March 2013

Colored Eggs & Spring

We colored eggs.  I don't know how my hand ended up in the photo, and then there is the rootbeer on top of a touch-up paint can. 

We didn't intend for all blue eggs and a copper colored looking one.  We left the food coloring out in the sun and blue was still blue, but red was probably not red anymore because we didn't get pink and the purple turned brown.   So we re-dipped the brown in the blue and made the speckle.

We tried putting tattoos on the eggs.  
We waited too long and could not find spring images, so fairies had to do.  
It was fairly easy once we remembered to take the plastic off before putting it on and wetting it!  It was also easier to squeeze water all over the image rather than try to hold it there and pat with a damp cloth; most of those images peeled.

 A little bit of organizing...with some organizers that I found at IKEA.

A photo of my daughter's bike that she redesigned herself.
And in case you didn't see my finished kitchen.  The spammers keep hitting two old posts and moving them up in importance on the sidebar.


9 comments:

  1. Hello there! I simply wish to offer you a big thumbs up for your
    great info you have right here on this post. I am coming back to your web site for more soon.


    My page hydraulic equipment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of tatooing eggs - the fairy looks beautiful -
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very shortly this web page will be famous amid all blogging users,
    due to it's good articles

    Review my blog post ... touch screens south africa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's
    a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to
    come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?

    Excellent work!

    Visit my page; bookkeeping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

    my page :: vehicle signage Gauteng

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute eggs. I love the tatoo idea (I wish I had thought of it!!!) I saw your kitchen was selected in the First Project of the year List at Whisperwood Cottage. You so deserve it, I was very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali. It's just one of those methods that are out there. We have done stickers, stamps, glitter, tie-dye, glue... all sorts of them in the past and thought we would give a different one a try.

      Delete
    2. Oh and I want to try the chalkboard paint one too.

      Delete
  7. Such pretty colors and I love the fairy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su