10 February 2013

You Know You Are A Remodeler

Perspective of a Remodeler Sjohnson
(Just something I wrote in jest.)

One is on a first name basis with their electrician.

The plumber is on speed dial.

One shops at Home Depot more than the grocery store, and the people who work at Home Depot see you searching for something and they address you by your first name.

You know which Mc Donalds has the freshest fries.

Your child tells you, "Once the kitchen is finished let's reserve Mc Donalds as a special place to dine on road trips."

One has three cans of Sherwin-Williams Snowbound and only two dried up cans of Sherwin-Williams Gateway Gray.

Your child says date night is Home Depot.

Harbor Freight has great deals on tools.

One prefers to go to the Home Depot that is closest to the Lowe's in case it doesn't have what you need.

You know where all the Lowe's are.

If the project looks fairly simple, sometimes one has to weigh the costs of doing it yourself or a trip to the emergency room.

The nurse in the ER asks you, "How do you know the date of your last Tetanus?"  And then, "What do you have against your fingers?"

Don't use furniture instead of a horse to trim a piece of wood.


One has Super Glue and a full bottle of acetone (fingernail polish remover) handy.  (You'll need it when your finger is glued to a piece of metal, and you don't want to go to the ER.)

Your child knows the phone number of an air conditioning/heater repair, because when she heard it on a radio commercial she took note that we might need it.

Your neighbors ask you when is bulk pickup rather than look it up.  (That's the stuff that you have on the side of the house that needs to go to the dump.)

The mail carrier sees you in the front yard and knows you are the homeowner.

Female neighbors are making their husbands work in their front yard.

Male neighbors tell your husband that he is making them look bad.

















9 comments:

  1. Ah, I laughed while reading that post... It seemed so true! A colleague of mine says that Leroy Merlin (our French Home Depot)staff knows me by my first name! Also this weekend I re-re-rewatched the 1995 BBC Pride and Prejudice and I began worrying when I noticed I was more concentrated on how high the moulding on the walls was than on Colin Firth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I have to relate to Magali. I have been watching Downton Abbey and paying close attention to the decorations, flower arrangements etc. as much as I have to the story line! And here is one for you...I was invited to the surprise birthday party of our contractor slash handyman since his wife wanted to meet me and said she felt she knew me. We went of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely and interesting post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that I'm passing my Liebster Award to you. Visit my blog if you want to join in the fun!
    See you there,
    Magali

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su