25 February 2013

Painted Rocker

 This rocker was given to my daughter by my parents.  Somehow it was forgotten outside in the rain and heat during our move.  So I decided to clean it up, sand it, and paint it.  It had brown stain which looked pretty in the other library because it was mostly white.

Here she is sipping tea from her Alice in Wonderland tea set.
 I painted the chair French gray and placed the pillow my mom made for her on it.


 Now the chair is in this home's library.
This has my new book arrangement.  When I dusted the book shelves, I sloped the books down in size for fun, and it looks like a curve.

Sharing with:

Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday




2 comments:

  1. The rocking chair turned out so cute! Somehow this post never made it to my inbox... But I saw you featured on Lavender Cottage Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your living area! I love the combination of warm and cool tones in the room. Very charming and fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su