16 February 2013

Liebster Award

This award was given to me byMagali at the Little White House on the Seaside.  It is such a charming beautiful blog written by Magali who lives in Brittany, France.

She gave me an award and Here are the rules:

 The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning:  Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.  



Here are the rules for receiving this award:


1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about 

    themselves.


2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then

    create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the

    award to.


3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to

    pass the award to and link them in your post.


4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.


5. No tag backs.

1. What is the one song/music you listen to when you need to be cheered up?  
I don't really have one.  I like all kinds of music including classical.  The Sound of Music is pretty happy and so is Steve Windwood.


2. Are you a cat or a dog person?  I use to prefer Siamese cats until I had a Toy Poodle.  He is so smart, at least he seems to be when he tries to talk. He also loves kitties and they accept him.


3. What is the little habit you know you shouldn't have but can't give up? Chocolate.  I love chocolate.  I love IKEA's dark chocolate.

4. If you didn't live where you are right now, where would you like to live?  I'm one of those people who feels they should try to be happy whereever they are, so I usually never wish to live any where else when I am settled.   But if something came up in Santa Fe it would be a tough choice.

5. What is the colour you never wear?  I wear too much black, so that would mean I don't wear most colors.

6. What makes you cry for no reason?  
I don't cry for no reason, but I am easily moved.

7. What's the device that makes you happy you were born in this era rather than in the Middle Age?  A flushing toilet.

8. Is there a TV-show you hate to miss?  I don't have cable and presently I have not watched TV in about a year.  I like to be busy, and it is hard for me to sit still and watch television. 

9. What's the title of the book that changed your life?  I don't think a book has changed my life, but I do love C.S. Lewis.

10. Which fictional character are you in love with?  I can't think of a fictional character that I am in love with though I really loved James Clavell's books and all the leads are male.  I really like the play A Man For All Seasons and that is based on Sir Thomas Moore's Life.  I really admire how he stood up for his beliefs and how silence is sometimes powerful.

11. How did you start blogging?  Years ago I started blogging about homeschool, but recently started blogging again because I wanted to blog about remodeling, decorating, etcetera because I've been doing it for years.


My eleven questions.

1. What's your favorite color and why?

2. Do you have a favorite food?

3.  What dish to you like to prepare for parties?

4.  What was the first song you ever bought?

5.  Do you have a pet?

6. If you eat pizza what do you like on it?

7.  What's your favorite room?

8.  When decorating what's your favorite accent color?

9.  What's your favorite movie?

10.  Why is there no question number ten?

11.  Why do you blog?

Now I need to name eleven blogs.  Now many of the ones I read either have been named or have too many readers.  SO if you want to participate and are under 200 readers leave me a comment and I will add your link.

I will probably add some too, but tomorrow.  Maybe.
I have to help my nephew with three papers!!!  What can one do about a procrastinator?  Sheesh.

And this one was from
Misty at 2 Broke Bruces
Visit her charming kitchen and partial re-do here!

 QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES:


1. What is your all time favorite TV show?

Roswell and Lost in Space

2. What is the worst job you've ever had?
I liked my jobs.

3. What is the messiest room in your house?

My back porch.

4. Do you play any musical instruments?
Piano, but I learned as an adult.   My daughter is a special kind of pianist.  


5. What book are you reading right now or what's the most recent book you've read?  Is it/was it any good?
I'm reading a book by Dennis Prager that I forgot the title of and the 7th chapter of Plato's Republic and some other stuff.  I am rereading Death of Salesman, though I read it in high school.  I finished the play A Man for All Seasons, which I loved. I was re-reading Wuthering Heights with my daughter, but she loved it so much one day she sat down and finished it.

6. Are you a cat or a dog person? 
I have both.

7. If you won the lottery, what are the first 5 things you would do with your winnings?
Take my father to Rome and Lourdes.
Put money away for nieces and nephews for college and finish saving my daughter's.
Take my daughter to the western Europe, Japan, Asia, Austria, and the Glen Gould museum in Canada, because now I wouldn't have an excuse not to go again. (The truth is  I don't like to travel and once is enough for me.) I would do something for my favorite charities and people.
I would put the rest in the bank.

8. What's the best vacation you've ever been on?
I would have to say Paris, though it would have been Hong Kong if I had not ended up in the hospital.

9. What's your biggest pet peeve?
I don't really have one.  My spouse doesn't like anyone to squeeze the toothpaste from the middle or not get the cap on right.  I fixed that a few years ago.  Everyone gets their own bottle of toothpaste.

10. If money was no object, and you could do anything for a living just for pure enjoyment, what would you do?

11. What's your specialty...i.e. what's the best dish or meal that you make? (Feel free to share your recipe) :o)

I have not cooked in almost a year.
I like to use apricot jam.
I use it to make a sauce for meatloaf by adding chipolte.  (HOT)
I use it to make a quick Sweet and Sour with Ikea meat balls for my spouse.
I use it in a Jaque Pepin recipe that is sort of like a "cheese" cake. I have to totally modify the recipe with substitutions of rice cereal and coconut milk for one member of the family, so they can eat it.  She really likes it and it use to be a favorite the other way many years ago.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su