19 February 2013

How to Hang a Wreath

Well finishing this kitchen is delayed.  Three weeks ago the stone installer told us it would be two weeks; today the installation was scheduled for March 1.  A little bit frustrating for us because they were so off with the date, and that I am we are so sick of not having a kitchen. We haven't had a kitchen since May, because we had to have the plumbers and the electricians bring everything to code.  The stove is installed now, but I can't wash dishes in my only bathroom and paper plates only work so so.  I don't complain too often, but I was looking forward to finishing this week with that and then the last cabinet.

Today, I hung a wreath of dried flowers from twine on a hook and a window covering. 
I have a reason for hanging it from the height I chose rather than higher:
molding on top of the cabinets, cement walls, plank walls, what's inside that wall etcetera.
This way it's installed into the wood trim.  The cabinets were also hung from some wood that they installed rather than the block bricks.

The gap at the top still needs caulking.

It's a little wrinkled, and I still have to fix the cord and remove the tag, and the wrinkles will straighten out as it hangs.

This is one of three old windows that we kept.  My options were slim in regards to getting a similar replacement.  It is a  metal casement window that was cemented to block construction, and it is also a custom size.  To me the choices all looked like bathroom windows even with clear glass, so I decided to keep it.

This is a slightly better photo of the opposite side.  We are still waiting for our narrow refrigerator that will slide in next to our kitchen cabinets' hack.  I was going to purchase baskets, but then when I was putting books away I found these in my closets.  They fit and work perfectly as drawers for cooking utensils. 

I have a porch outside the kitchen window, and I have not fixed it yet.
The porch has some interesting features that I could post about, but otherwise it is a complete mess because it is a staging area for all our projects right now.

Sharing with:

10 comments:

  1. Sue, eventually you'll have your beautiful new kitchen in a proper working order, and you'll forget about the misery in between. I love the look of the parts that are done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I think I was so anxious to get it done that I was overly disappointed.

      Delete
  2. It is really coming along lovely. I think the blind is perfect and the wreath is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It lookis wonderful! I can only imagine not having a kitchen in working order, I take so much for granted! I remember when we were building our home and things were delayed.....soooo frustrating. It took us 18 months to build and it was long...but that was 18 years ago and now it is time to re-do some things...always something going on!
    You will LOVE it when your finished!
    Hearts,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy. Owning a home always involves upkeep doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. I know how frustrating things are when they get delayed, especially when it involves the kitchen. I have some major work that will be done in the kitchen in April and I will have to do the dishes in the bathroom as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you, Magali. Doing the dishes in the bathroom is hard, because the sink is so shallow and the spout so much lower.

      Delete
  5. You will so appreciate your kitchen when it is done. You must be so frustrated while waiting though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they delayed a second time last week. It's the counter fabricator holding everything up. We shall see if he shows up on the day he scheduled this week.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su