02 January 2013

New Kitchen Faucet

We ordered our cabinets last week, and with the holiday we don't have our date of delivery yet, but it is probably six to eight weeks until the kitchen install.

We decided to pay for installation on this, it's only needed on one side.  My spouse installed the hall cabinet, the bathroom cabinet, and did all the closets, but the walls in the kitchen are outside walls made of concrete block.  We have hung paintings on some of these walls throughout the house with a special drill that sounds like a jackhammer.  It's tricky. We don't want to damage our new cabinets.  Also, the walls are not exactly square.


My faucet arrived.  The faucet has to be on hand when the granite is installed so the installer can drill the holes.  The faucet I wanted was only available online and out of stock with Home Depot, so I shopped online for the style I wanted.

My first choice was a Grohe, because I had one before in a different style that I really liked.



This is a Grohe 20158en0 kitchen sink faucet in brushed nickel that can be purchased at National Builder Supply  at a excellent price for this particular faucet.
But always read the manufacturer's
specs; this faucet does NOT come with handles.  Handles are sold separately. 

So I started researching again.  

I found  the American Standard 4233.701.295 Culinaire Double-Handle Top Mount Bridge Kitchen Faucet with Spray, Satin Nickel at Amazon.
.

This photo is a chrome finish.

The American Standard came with the cross handles that have little white discs that say "hot" and "cold". It looks like it is available with levers too, but I preferred these handles. 

It arrived packaged like jewelry; it is really high quality and heavy.

This is the satin nickel finish, and it looks really nice with the range's finish. 
From my research satin nickel and brushed nickel are the same, but to my eye, compared to brushed stainless, it seems a little more tarnished in color in other words, more natural.

The Grohe would of cost over 700 dollars!
The American standard is selling for 369, but I think I payed slightly less because it was Christmas week.  There was no shipping with Amazon's free trial of Prime.
The faucets look a lot alike.  It is worth it to compare on the internet.
Who needs 1000 plus faucet?  They look terrible in seven years if one has hard water.

Sharing with:

No Minimalist Here's Open House Party!


10 comments:

  1. Fabulous choice!! It is going to look beautiful. I am excited for the cabinets to go in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea!! I always like the idea of remodeling my kitchen with new faucets and sinks, as it is difficult to change the whole look of the kitchen, implementing such small changes in the kitchen looks good and enhances the look of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s really a piece for design! I’m curious though; does this have an aerator installed? I think most probably yes since this is a modern faucet. I’ve actually been changing our faucets one-by-one to such since water conservation is my priority. It is also easier to notice blockage since the aerator decreases water pressure noticeably. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! I know just what Darryl is talking about. My husband had our plumber an aerator in new kitchen faucet – which is surprisingly inexpensive. Our plumber said it will help us save on our water bill since it controls the flow of the water. If your new faucet doesn’t have one, I suggest you go buy one. =) {Althea Tumlin}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely
    different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot
    quicker then most. Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a honest price?
    Cheers, I appreciate it!

    My web-site; writerscafe.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
    almost...HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say,
    and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

    Feel free to visit my blog post: westpac investment property loan rates

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doh! I was domain searching at namecheap.com and went
    to type in the domain name: http://www.blogger.
    com/comment.g?blogID=1961665810703474647&postID=7444765121792337597
    and guess who already had it? You did! lol j/k. I was about to buy
    this domain name but realized it had been taken so I thought I'd come check it out. Wonderful blog!

    My web-site ... weight loss foods delivered

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I am so grateful I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Google for something
    else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot
    for a marvelous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I donít have time to look over it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more,
    Please do keep up the awesome work.

    Also visit my blog post: pre approval for mortgage

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your tastes! That kitchen faucet look gorgeous! It adds more beauty and sophistication to your kitchen, and it doesn't seem out of place. Good job!

    Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su